Raiders steal £8k store computers
RAIDERS struck at a town centre superstore and stole £8,000 worth of stock in 10minutes.Police said the men struck at ASDA's home and leisure store in Wilkes Way, Stowmarket, between 6.
RAIDERS struck at a town centre superstore and stole £8,000 worth of stock in 10minutes.
Police said the men struck at ASDA's home and leisure store in Wilkes Way, Stowmarket, between 6.55pm and 7.05pm last Friday.
They got inside the back of the building via a fire door and then bolt cropped a gate used to store electrical equipment.
They snatched more than £8,000 of goods including 200 computer games, and a variety of computer equipment.
You may also want to watch:
The burglars were spotted by a member of public loading a red Peugeot car with electronic equipment, which was driven off with the boot open.
Det Sgt Jeffrey Yaxley said: "We are confident that someone will have seen these offenders leave the scene. It is likely that they have driven through Stowmarket with their car full of stolen equipment and with the tailgate up.
- 1 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 2 Woman in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 3 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 4 Ipswich tops rankings for Suffolk's Japanese knotweed infestations
- 5 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results
- 6 Developers seek views on plans for 150 homes on farmland
- 7 Man caught with indecent images of children avoids jail
- 8 'They saved a life' - neighbour praises firefighters in Ipswich house blaze
- 9 Ed Sheeran to end break from music with performance at Big Weekend
- 10 Iconic names, a disastrous relationship and now a music superstar - the evolution of Town’s shirt sponsors
"These items will also find their way onto the second hand market at some point and as such we are keen to hear from anyone who is approached to purchase such items under suspicious circumstances."
One of the raiders was described as white, aged in his mid-20's, and wore a blue baseball cap with a light logo on the front and rear, beige trousers and an orange and black t-shirt.
A second was black, aged in his 30's, with short dark hair thinning on the top. He wore glasses, a wristwatch on his left wrist and a light coloured two piece suit with a yellow shirt underneath.
A third man was also seen in the area at the time of the offence.
He was white, about 16 years of age, with short dark hair and he wore a long sleeve top, dark track suit trousers with a light coloured stripe down the leg and light coloured trainers. He entered the store prior to the other two.
Police are keen to talk to this individual as he may have information to assist police with their enquiries.
Anyone with any information about the raid should call Suffolk police on 01284 774100 or Crimestoppers on freephone 0800 555111.