Raiders strike as couple wed
NEWLYWEDS Sylvia and Lhouari Marouf should be enjoying the time of their lives.But today they are desperately trying to overcome the heartache of having their presents and cards stolen on their wedding day by thieves who struck at the family home.
NEWLYWEDS Sylvia and Lhouari Marouf should be enjoying the time of their lives.
But today they are desperately trying to overcome the heartache of having their presents and cards stolen on their wedding day by thieves who struck at the family home.
The cruel burglars, who broke in at the couple's house in Spenser Road, Ipswich, did not even leave them with enough money for a proper honeymoon.
Sylvia, 37, said: "I couldn't believe it, I just collapsed to the kitchen floor in my wedding dress.
You may also want to watch:
"They're sick, the people that did this. They took all my jewellery, my daughter's jewellery, the TV and video from my daughter's room and they tried to take the TV from the living room.
"All the household stuff can be replaced, but my wedding presents and cards can't be replaced. It's just sick."
- 1 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 2 Meet the Ipswich teenage singer who gave £17.5k away to charity
- 3 Duo jailed after 63 bags of cocaine found in hotel room
- 4 Ipswich man charged with attempted murder
- 5 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 6 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 7 Police identify man in CCTV images after 'spitting' incident
- 8 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 9 Man to face trial over claims he sexually assaulted toddler in the street
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: See the three men locked up this week
See tonight's Evening Star for full story…