Raiders strike as couple wed
NEWLYWEDS Sylvia and Lhouari Marouf should be enjoying the time of their lives.But today they are desperately trying to overcome the heartache of having their presents and cards stolen on their wedding day by thieves who struck at the family home.
NEWLYWEDS Sylvia and Lhouari Marouf should be enjoying the time of their lives.
But today they are desperately trying to overcome the heartache of having their presents and cards stolen on their wedding day by thieves who struck at the family home.
The cruel burglars, who broke in at the couple's house in Spenser Road, Ipswich, did not even leave them with enough money for a proper honeymoon.
Sylvia, 37, said: "I couldn't believe it, I just collapsed to the kitchen floor in my wedding dress.
"They're sick, the people that did this. They took all my jewellery, my daughter's jewellery, the TV and video from my daughter's room and they tried to take the TV from the living room.
"All the household stuff can be replaced, but my wedding presents and cards can't be replaced. It's just sick."
- 1 New 99-room Ipswich Travelodge expected to open next year
- 2 7 roadworks for drivers in Suffolk to be aware of this week
- 3 Ipswich girl with cyst on brain struggling to get diagnosis
- 4 7 things around Ipswich which are among the best in the country
- 5 See inside £1.65m Ipswich home with swimming pool and games room
- 6 Police carry out 'pre-planned' operation in Felixstowe road
- 7 Man detained after early morning incident in Ipswich road
- 8 Man dies after being found unresponsive in Sudbury river
- 9 'We're blown away' - Classic car show visits care home after roadworks setback
- 10 Ipswich MP renews support for food van fighting council's plans
See tonight's Evening Star for full story…