Raiders strike as couple wed
NEWLYWEDS Sylvia and Lhouari Marouf should be enjoying the time of their lives.But today they are desperately trying to overcome the heartache of having their presents and cards stolen on their wedding day by thieves who struck at the family home.
NEWLYWEDS Sylvia and Lhouari Marouf should be enjoying the time of their lives.
But today they are desperately trying to overcome the heartache of having their presents and cards stolen on their wedding day by thieves who struck at the family home.
The cruel burglars, who broke in at the couple's house in Spenser Road, Ipswich, did not even leave them with enough money for a proper honeymoon.
Sylvia, 37, said: "I couldn't believe it, I just collapsed to the kitchen floor in my wedding dress.
You may also want to watch:
"They're sick, the people that did this. They took all my jewellery, my daughter's jewellery, the TV and video from my daughter's room and they tried to take the TV from the living room.
"All the household stuff can be replaced, but my wedding presents and cards can't be replaced. It's just sick."
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 2 Heavy police presence spotted in Ipswich as man arrested
- 3 Rushmere man admits downloading indecent images of children
- 4 Suffolk sprinter opens her 'dream' cafe at age of 25
- 5 9 bargain attractions within an hour of Ipswich
- 6 Hail, thunder and gusty winds forecast for Suffolk
- 7 Pub bosses hope for 'return to normality' as Covid cases fall in Ipswich
- 8 Luke Woolfenden: 'It's like night and day, and I'm loving it'
- 9 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year
- 10 Get lost in two sunflower mazes at this Suffolk farm
See tonight's Evening Star for full story…