Raiders strike as couple wed
NEWLYWEDS Sylvia and Lhouari Marouf should be enjoying the time of their lives.But today they are desperately trying to overcome the heartache of having their presents and cards stolen on their wedding day by thieves who struck at the family home.
NEWLYWEDS Sylvia and Lhouari Marouf should be enjoying the time of their lives.
But today they are desperately trying to overcome the heartache of having their presents and cards stolen on their wedding day by thieves who struck at the family home.
The cruel burglars, who broke in at the couple's house in Spenser Road, Ipswich, did not even leave them with enough money for a proper honeymoon.
Sylvia, 37, said: "I couldn't believe it, I just collapsed to the kitchen floor in my wedding dress.
"They're sick, the people that did this. They took all my jewellery, my daughter's jewellery, the TV and video from my daughter's room and they tried to take the TV from the living room.
"All the household stuff can be replaced, but my wedding presents and cards can't be replaced. It's just sick."
- 1 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 2 New store opens in California fulfilling owner's dream
- 3 Thousands of cigarettes seized after HMRC officers raid Ipswich stores
- 4 Pensioner who was racially abusive has jail sentence cut
- 5 Online shoppers head to Ipswich for big brands like Primark
- 6 Ipswich man charged with string of motoring offences
- 7 Van driver jailed after A12 crash left motorist with life-changing injuries
- 8 Could American fast food chain Wendy's open a Suffolk restaurant next year?
- 9 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 10 Gambling addict stole £25k from elderly woman she befriended
See tonight's Evening Star for full story…