Rail passengers face delays and cancelled services between Ipswich and Felixstowe today
- Credit: Archant
Rail passengers travelling between Ipswich and Felixstowe today could face delays as engineering works mean fewer trains are able to run.
Services running to and from the stations may be cancelled or delayed by up to 15 minutes, with the disruption expected to last until the end of the day.
A spokesman for Greater Anglia said the delays were due to engineering work take place between Woodbridge and Lowestoft which has forced trains to run at a heavily reduced speed on a stretch of track from Westerfield.
This has had a knock-on effect on Greater Anglia and freight services in the area.
The spokesman said: “As a result, we have needed to reduce the Ipswich to Felixstowe service to one train every two hours, with a rail replacement bus service to operate instead of the cancelled train.”
The following train services have been cancelled:
6.58am Ipswich to Felixstowe
- 1 Revealed: The most popular Suffolk fish and chip shop
- 2 Goat dies and ponies injured after dog attack
- 3 Man was allegedly battered to death in Ipswich guest house, jury hears
- 4 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 5 Two men steal pedal bike from outside Ipswich primary school
- 6 Final homes in 75-house development to go on sale
- 7 What time will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk this weekend?
- 8 Ipswich business worry as customers rein back spending
- 9 Ipswich family celebrate their funny and likeable son with football match
- 10 Delays near Orwell Bridge after wheels of trailer carrying boat fall off
7.28am Felixstowe to Ipswich
8.58am Ipswich to Felixstowe
9.28am Felixstowe to Ipswich
10.58am Ipswich to Felixstowe
11.28am Felixstowe to Ipswich