Rail passengers face delays and cancelled services between Ipswich and Felixstowe today
- Credit: Archant
Rail passengers travelling between Ipswich and Felixstowe today could face delays as engineering works mean fewer trains are able to run.
Services running to and from the stations may be cancelled or delayed by up to 15 minutes, with the disruption expected to last until the end of the day.
A spokesman for Greater Anglia said the delays were due to engineering work take place between Woodbridge and Lowestoft which has forced trains to run at a heavily reduced speed on a stretch of track from Westerfield.
This has had a knock-on effect on Greater Anglia and freight services in the area.
The spokesman said: “As a result, we have needed to reduce the Ipswich to Felixstowe service to one train every two hours, with a rail replacement bus service to operate instead of the cancelled train.”
You may also want to watch:
The following train services have been cancelled:
6.58am Ipswich to Felixstowe
- 1 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 2 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 3 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 4 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 5 Man and woman arrested after Ipswich stabbing
- 6 70-year-old woman arrested in connection with human trafficking offences
- 7 Life sentence for Hartshorne-Jones who shot wife dead at home
- 8 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 9 Farmfoods set to move in as Aldi confirms closure of store on Ipswich estate
- 10 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
7.28am Felixstowe to Ipswich
8.58am Ipswich to Felixstowe
9.28am Felixstowe to Ipswich
10.58am Ipswich to Felixstowe
11.28am Felixstowe to Ipswich