Buses replacing trains across large parts of mainline services
- Credit: Archant
Buses will replace trains across huge swathes of Suffolk and Essex on Sunday as improvement works continue across the network.
Passengers travelling on routes between Norwich and London Liverpool Street may need to take replacement buses for parts of their journeys today.
Buses will replace trains between Ipswich and Norwich, and between Ipswich and Bury St Edmunds becuase of overhead line renewals work and track maintenance between Stowmarket and Norwich/Bury St Edmunds.
Buses are also replacing trains on the East Suffolk Line between Woodbridge and Ipswich, affecting customers travelling from places such as Lowestoft and Saxmundham.
Those travelling towards Felixstowe will also have their services replaced by buses for the entire day.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Greater Anglia said: “As a result of major project work to increase train capacity between Ipswich and Felixstowe, the line will be closed between Ipswich and Felixstowe all day.
“Buses will replace trains between Ipswich and Felixstowe all day.”
For more details on any service alterations and replacement buses visit the Greater Anglia website.
- 1 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 2 First look at plans for new Ipswich BMX track ahead of big build
- 3 Orwell Bridge: Road block removed as person safely off bridge
- 4 Plans for new Waterfront restaurant and bar receive over 50 objections
- 5 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 6 Shoplifter who stole conditioner and washing up goods caught on CCTV
- 7 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 8 Off-duty PC caught speeding on A14
- 9 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 10 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing