Ram raiders target service station
POLICE are linking two ram raids in Essex, including one at Lawford near the Suffolk border.The Shell garage in Main Road, near Great Bentley, was raided in the early hours of yesterday morning , just 24 hours after a similar swoop at Lawford service station in Long Road.
POLICE are linking two ram raids in Essex, including one at Lawford near the Suffolk border.
The Shell garage in Main Road, near Great Bentley, was raided in the early hours of yesterday morning , just 24 hours after a similar swoop at Lawford service station in Long Road.
Police are linking the two incidents and believe the targets in both cases were cash machines, but would-be robbers failed to grab cash.
A Daihatsu Terio stolen from Bures, Suffolk, was used to ram through the doors at Lawford service station. Police said nothing was taken from the garage, although they described the damage as extensive.
You may also want to watch:
The owner of the service station did not wish to comment.
Detective Sergeant Martin Brough from Clacton CID, said: "These latest two incidents could well be linked and it does appear the ATMs were the targets.
- 1 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 2 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 3 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 4 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 5 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 6 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 7 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 8 Lounge bar with bespoke cocktails and tapas to open at Ipswich waterfront
- 9 Kesgrave shooting: Trial set to start as boy, 16, denies attempted murder
- 10 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
"In the Bentley incident, we would like to speak to the driver of a black R-registered VW Golf that was seen in the area.
"And we are also appealing for the driver of – or anyone who may have seen - an old style Ford Sierra who in the area of the Lawford raid to come forward."