Range Rover recovery vans get stuck – as Felixstowe rescue mission takes unexpected turn
- Credit: JANE BERRY
Crowds interested in the fate of a submerged Range Rover that ended up in the sea after last night’s storm have described seeing recovery vans get stuck trying to rescue it.
Witnesses said vehicles dispatched to retrieve the 4x4 from the sea near Felixstowe pier got into difficulty on the beach as they tried to pull the stranded vehicle out of the water.
Footage taken by onlookers shows teams trying to move one of the vans after it appeared to become stuck.
Despite the setback, those who came to help haul the Range Rover out of the water have managed to drag it onto the beach successfully.
People who came to watch cheered as the teams – who have been working hard in warm temperatures – managed to lift the vehicle out to safety.
A witness who saw the drama unfold said: “One police officer on the scene said the car had been submerged in the water twice for two high tides.
“It certainly attracted quite an audience all around.”
- 1 Take a look inside 15th Century farmhouse near Ipswich up for sale
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: The county's criminals locked up in the last week
- 3 Missing 13-year-old boy from Hadleigh found safe
- 4 BrewDog, The Botanist and other reasons to be positive about Ipswich town centre
- 5 Empty Ipswich office block could become new flats
- 6 Take a look inside new Ipswich restaurant that makes pizza the 'proper way'
- 7 Tattingstone 'suitcase murder': 'Never too late' say police on 55th anniversary
- 8 Is Ipswich really England's oldest town? Experts give their view
- 9 Interactive map reveals the Suffolk postcodes with the highest Covid rates
- 10 House of Tweed leaves Ipswich after Christmas season