Rare antiques stolen from Suffolk
DETECTIVES are appealing for help in tracing the burglars who stole rare antiques from a National Trust House in Suffolk.Three men broke into Melford Hall, in Long Melford, at about 6.
DETECTIVES are appealing for help in tracing the burglars who stole rare antiques from a National Trust House in Suffolk.
Three men broke into Melford Hall, in Long Melford, at about 6.10pm on Tuesday by forcing a window and internal shutters.
They fled from the house when disturbed by a member of the household but managed to steal five rare ivory figurines, estimated to be worth about £20,000.
The offenders made their escape across the gardens of the property.
You may also want to watch:
One is described as white, aged 20 to 25, about 6ft, of slim build with shaved hair and was wearing a gold hoop earring, a white T-shirt and trousers.
Another is said to be white, 19 to 20-years-old with short dark hair and the third is white, in his 20s, about 5ft 5ins and was wearing a white T-shirt and trousers.
- 1 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results
- 2 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 3 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 4 Man caught with indecent images of children avoids jail
- 5 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results
- 6 Cyclist suffers injuries after crash in Ipswich
- 7 WATCH: Family of wild foxes caught on camera in Ipswich garden
- 8 Ipswich primary school goes green for classmate with hearing loss
- 9 Man smashed ATM screen at service station after not receiving cash
- 10 How does traffic congestion in Ipswich compare to pre lockdown?
Anyone who knows the whereabouts of the antique figurines, recognises the burglars from the descriptions or may have any other information, is asked to contact Dc Gary Scott at Sudbury CID on 01284 774334 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.