Rare antiques stolen from Suffolk
DETECTIVES are appealing for help in tracing the burglars who stole rare antiques from a National Trust House in Suffolk.Three men broke into Melford Hall, in Long Melford, at about 6.
DETECTIVES are appealing for help in tracing the burglars who stole rare antiques from a National Trust House in Suffolk.
Three men broke into Melford Hall, in Long Melford, at about 6.10pm on Tuesday by forcing a window and internal shutters.
They fled from the house when disturbed by a member of the household but managed to steal five rare ivory figurines, estimated to be worth about £20,000.
The offenders made their escape across the gardens of the property.
One is described as white, aged 20 to 25, about 6ft, of slim build with shaved hair and was wearing a gold hoop earring, a white T-shirt and trousers.
Another is said to be white, 19 to 20-years-old with short dark hair and the third is white, in his 20s, about 5ft 5ins and was wearing a white T-shirt and trousers.
- 1 Paul Cook sacked by Ipswich Town
- 2 Ipswich Station closed as man arrested for possessing a firearm
- 3 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 4 Former BBC DJ to go live with new station
- 5 Harsh or fair? Here's what Town fans are saying about Paul Cook sacking
- 6 Two people reported rough sleeping every day in Ipswich last month
- 7 Ipswich Town set to announce caretaker manager
- 8 'Would get Town promoted this season' - Ambrose reveals his choice for new boss
- 9 Things you should know before visiting Spoon World Buffet and Bar
- 10 Cycle wands being removed from Ipswich roads
Anyone who knows the whereabouts of the antique figurines, recognises the burglars from the descriptions or may have any other information, is asked to contact Dc Gary Scott at Sudbury CID on 01284 774334 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.