Rare antiques stolen from Suffolk
DETECTIVES are appealing for help in tracing the burglars who stole rare antiques from a National Trust House in Suffolk.Three men broke into Melford Hall, in Long Melford, at about 6.
DETECTIVES are appealing for help in tracing the burglars who stole rare antiques from a National Trust House in Suffolk.
Three men broke into Melford Hall, in Long Melford, at about 6.10pm on Tuesday by forcing a window and internal shutters.
They fled from the house when disturbed by a member of the household but managed to steal five rare ivory figurines, estimated to be worth about £20,000.
The offenders made their escape across the gardens of the property.
You may also want to watch:
One is described as white, aged 20 to 25, about 6ft, of slim build with shaved hair and was wearing a gold hoop earring, a white T-shirt and trousers.
Another is said to be white, 19 to 20-years-old with short dark hair and the third is white, in his 20s, about 5ft 5ins and was wearing a white T-shirt and trousers.
- 1 Cardinal Park taped off as man suffers stab wounds
- 2 Man left with life-changing injuries following stabbing in Ipswich
- 3 Army helicopter lands in field near Nacton after developing fault
- 4 Mum opens eco-friendly refill store thanks to savings and public donations
- 5 'Controlling' man locked girlfriend in house
- 6 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 7 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 8 Summertime Ipswich to bring the party to the Waterfront next month
- 9 Ipswich man charged in connection with Cheshunt rail incident
- 10 'Gutted' Ipswich burger van man loses everything in fire devastation
Anyone who knows the whereabouts of the antique figurines, recognises the burglars from the descriptions or may have any other information, is asked to contact Dc Gary Scott at Sudbury CID on 01284 774334 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.