Rave review for Foxfest charity truck show at Foxhall Stadium, Kesgrave
The organiser of a charity truck show in Kesgrave has hailed the event a shining success, saying it was “beyond my wildest dreams”.
More than 2,000 people attended Foxfest on Sunday, helping to raise money for charity Fresh Start - new beginnings, which provides therapy for victims of child sexual abuse in Suffolk and Norfolk.
The fundraiser was held at Foxhall Stadium.
Coordinator Simon Waspe said: “It was fantastic from all aspects: the trucks and cars, the turn out, the weather, the entertainment, the music, the inflatables and fancy dress costumes - you can’t beat it.
“We raised a lot of money for Fresh start - new beginnings to help damaged children who really need some help.”
Mr Waspe, from Stowmarket, said there were more than 100 vehicles on display, from a 1930s steam lorry to a truck that was just weeks old.
“It was beyond my wildest dreams,” he added.
- 1 Paul Cook sacked by Ipswich Town
- 2 Cycle wands being removed from Ipswich roads
- 3 Things you should know before visiting Spoon World Buffet and Bar
- 4 Former BBC DJ to go live with new station
- 5 Gang jailed for 'horrific' torture attack on man in Ipswich home
- 6 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 7 Delays likely on major Ipswich road as 12 days of roadworks planned
- 8 Matchday Recap: A replay awaits as Town fail to beat Barrow
- 9 'Dedicated and devoted' - tributes paid to retired teacher Annick Smith
- 10 Harsh or fair? Here's what Town fans are saying about Paul Cook sacking