One year on: Your pictures from Ed Sheeran’s Chantry Park gigs
- Credit: MARIE COLLINS, MATT JOSLIN, HEATHER GLASSON AND LOUISE HAMILTON
It has nearly been a year since Ed Sheeran wowed fans on his home turf in Chantry Park to finish off his worldwide tour so here are some of our favourite reader photos to remember the weekend.
Thousands of fans descended on Chantry Park in Ipswich over the bank holiday weekend last summer to watch the Framlingham singer perform four huge homecoming concerts.
The ‘Ed effect’ brought 150,000 fans to Ipswich over the weekend – with hotel and pub owners celebrating after seeing their businesses boosted.
The concerts were packed with special moments and surprises, each night having its own slice of magic.
On night three Ed was joined by a special guest in the form of the hugely popular rapper Stormzy during his encore.
You may also want to watch:
The pair performed Shape of You in front of the 40,000 adoring fans and the crowd went wild.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 3 New cocktail bar and tapas restaurant to open in Ipswich
- 4 CCTV issued after thieves steal almost £900 in toys and food from B&M
- 5 Thieves use bank cards after stealing rucksack from Ipswich doorstep
- 6 Ipswich paedophile jailed for downloading indecent images of boys
- 7 Car ends up on side after crash involving parked car
- 8 Man who spat at neighbour in racist attack given community order
- 9 Meet the Ipswich 18-year-old who is now one of UK's youngest politicians
- 10 Drink-driver reversed into car while banned from the road