Overwhelming support for family of murder victim Tavis as killers found guilty
- Credit: Archant
Justice has been served - this was just one of the heartfelt messages sent to the family of Tavis Spencer-Aitkens as the jury returned its final guilty verdict.
Issac Calver, 19, of Firmin Close, Ipswich, was the fourth person to be found guilty of murder in the trial when the jury returned their verdict onhim yesterday.
The verdict brings to an end the three-month trial of six people accused of Tavis’ murder, four of whom have now been found guilty of murder and one who has been found guilty of manslaughter - with one other defendant cleared.
Readers took to Facebook to leave their support for Tavis and his family by commenting on our Facebook live outside Crown Court.
Ashleigh Fisk wrote: “R.I.P Tavis.. Justice have been served! Thinking of the whole family.”
Al Parris added: “God Bless the Tavis (sic) family.”
You may also want to watch:
Another reader, Tracy Coletta Botwright, said: “#justicefortavis thinking of you Tavs family at this difficult time.”
Keli Todd also offered her condolences, she said: “Sleep tight beautiful Tav. You will live on in the hearts of all those that love you forever #justiceforTavis. Such an amazing, strong family. Tavis will be loved and missed forever.”
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 3 How Ipswich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 4 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 5 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 6 Trial set for man who robbed mum of her handbag
- 7 Holly holding onto new hope in eating disorder recovery process
- 8 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 9 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 10 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
Chrissy Knight added: “God bless you all. Thoughts are with you at such a sad time.”
Ceara Jade Mongan wrote: “Justice for Tavis. Love to all family.”
Nadinsa Martinez, said: “Heartbreaking. R.I.P Tavis and prayers for strength to his family.”
Vikki Carroll left this comment: “Feel so sorry for the family but glad justice has been done.”
More than 90 comments were left on our Facebook live videos which included a statement from Tavis’ Mum Sharon Box and Tavis’ Dad Neville Aitkens.