Find out which brands have recalled their cough syrup
- Credit: Archant
Eight companies have recalled their children’s blackcurrant cough syrup due to a problem with one of the ingredients.
The public are being asked to check any own-brand children’s blackcurrant cough syrup they have in their homes.
There is a problem with one of the ingredients in these medicines which could cause them to grow mould.
There is a low risk that the mould could make the child unwell or cause a reaction but as a precaution it has been decided to recall affected.
The recalled products are:
Asda Children’s Dry Cough Syrup Glycerol Blackcurrant Flavour
Batch numbers: 274V1, 276V1 and 278V1, 283W1.
- 1 Ipswich man charged with string of sexual offences
- 2 Could you offer one of these rescue animals their forever home in Suffolk?
- 3 Revealed: All the places crimes were reported in Ipswich in April
- 4 Tributes paid to 'calm and caring' grassroots football stalwart 'Mr Exiles'
- 5 Swimming pool at primary school open again after two years
- 6 Popular Ipswich motorcycle show to return for 30th year
- 7 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 8 7 walks in Suffolk with a stunning view
- 9 Baby porpoise washes up at Suffolk beach
- 10 'They saved our boy's life' - Fundraiser for hospital that helped little Rocco
Expiry date: 01/08/2020 01/10/2020, 001/12/2020, 01/02/2020
Bell’s Healthcare Children’s Dry Cough Glycerin 0.75g/5ml Syrup
Batch number: 280V3
Expiry date: 01/12/2020
Morrisons Children’s Dry Tickly Cough Glycerin 0.75g/5ml Oral Solution
Batch number: 282W1
Expiry date: 01/01/2021
Numark Children’s Dry Cough 0.75 g/5 ml Oral Solution
Batch numbers: 280V1, 288W1
Expiry date: 01/12/2020, 01/04/2020
Sainsbury’s Children’s Dry Cough 0.75g/5ml Syrup
Batch number: 275V1
Expiry date: 01/09/2020
Superdrug Children’s Dry Tickly Cough Glycerin 0.75 g/5 ml Oral Solution
Batch numbers: 280V2, 284W1
Expiry date: 01/12/2020, 01/03/2021
Tesco Children’s Dry Cough Syrup
Batch numbers: 277V1, 278V2, 281W1
Expiry date: 01/10/2020, 01/12/2020, 01/01/2021
Wilko Tickly Cough 0.75g/5ml Oral Solution
Batch number: 275V2
Expiry date: 01/09/2020
Dr Sam Atkinson, director of the inspection, enforcement and standards division for MHRA said: “Check if you have any of the listed cough syrups and if you do, please don’t use them. Take them back to where you bought them from.
“The mould is not always visible, so return any of the affected cough syrup bottles, even if it looks okay to use.
“If your child has recently taken one of these cough syrups, and, in the unlikely event that they have become unwell or had a reaction, please speak to your GP, pharmacist or other healthcare professional.
“Our highest priority is making sure the medicines you and your family take are safe. This is why, even though there is a low risk of a reaction, we have asked the company to carry out this recall and why we want people to check their medicine cabinets.
“As with any medicine, we strongly encourage anyone to report any suspected side effects to us via our Yellow Card Scheme.”