Record entries for Ipswich Has Got Talent
- Credit: Su Anderson
People from across Ipswich are proving that the town has got a flair for music, singing and dancing, as the Ipswich Has Got Talent competition has attracted a record number of entries.
The competition – which launched after the success of ITV programme Britain’s Got Talent – last year saw 30 entrants. But for the 2015 showpiece, more than double that number of acts across a range of disciplines have applied.
Last year’s competition was won by the dance troupe Just Jay Dance, who have gone on to have success across the county.
The dance group were approached by the Britain’s Got Talent scouting team to audition for the national programme, as well as performing across Suffolk and East Anglia over the last 12 months.
Now enthusiastic hopefuls will be hoping to prove they have what it takes to follow in the group’s footsteps.
Jay Austin, of Just Jay Dance, said: “It was an amazing opportunity [to perform at the Ipswich Regent for the final].
“The children that I teach were able to come and, hopefully, got the inspiration to perform.
- 1 Man 'punched and slashed' in serious assault in car park at Ipswich B&M
- 2 Road closed after crash leaves pedestrian injured and vehicle in ditch
- 3 New restaurant could be coming to the Waterfront, but theatre plans dropped
- 4 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 5 Ipswich firm admits mis-selling foam loft insulation to Suffolk customers
- 6 Masked man 'snatched' bag from woman in Ipswich alleyway
- 7 'Fantastic opportunity' as Ipswich's Thomas Wolsey pub listed for sale
- 8 Six Suffolk curry houses named among best in England
- 9 Ellie uses 4 tonne truck to make impressive entrance at school prom
- 10 23-year-old Felixstowe woman pleads guilty to assault
“Being the first dance troupe to win meant so much as well and Ipswich Has Got Talent gave us the buzz to carry on doing what we do best and planning for our own show.”
The final of the popular competition will once again take place at the Regent, on November 13.
For tickets, see the Regent website or call 01473 433100.