Theatre in the Forest forced to cancel Macbeth this summer
- Credit: Archant
This summer Theatre-in-the-Forest creators Red Rose Chain were all set to establish themselves in a new home at Sutton Hoo.
Red Rose Chain were looking forward to staging Shakespeare’s atmospheric thriller Macbeth over the summer. But, uncertainty surrounding restrictions and the multiple challenges to restarting large scale events such as Theatre in the Forest, has meant that the outdoor event has been postponed until 2022.
Joanna Carrick, Red Rose Chain artistic director, said: “Throughout the pandemic, the health and safety of our audiences, artists and community participants has been our upmost priority and therefore we have taken the difficult decision to reschedule this year’s production of Macbeth at Sutton Hoo to 2022.
“We are planning for the future and looking forward to bringing our unique event to our wonderful audience for many years to come, supported by an inspiring new partnership with the National Trust.”
She said that for more than 20 years, Theatre in the Forest has been an inclusive event for everybody to come together to enjoy unforgettable Shakespeare productions. “We want our opening production at our stunning new venue at Sutton Hoo to be accessible and safe for all our audiences to enjoy with confidence.”
You may also want to watch:
Happily, not everything has been cancelled. Instead of staging one big show, Red Rose Chain will be taking Theatre in the Forest into the community, with a series of pop-up events and Shakespeare workshops – including a behind-the-scenes tour which will offer a sneak peek at the creation of the beautiful new venue for Theatre in the Forest at Sutton Hoo.
Ticket holders for Macbeth have been contacted about transferring tickets to 2022. If you have booked tickets but not received an email, please get in touch at email@example.com
- 1 Ipswich crack cocaine and heroin dealer jailed
- 2 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 3 Air ambulance lands near Ipswich shops after medical emergency
- 4 Closest Covid testing hub to Ipswich town centre forced to close
- 5 Ipswich Hospital gets new tech to stop people overpaying for parking
- 6 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 7 Ipswich tops rankings for Suffolk's Japanese knotweed infestations
- 8 Man in 30s dies in serious crash between two cars in Wherstead
- 9 Joy as Shotley Pier finally set to reopen after being derelict for over 30 years
- 10 A possible Ipswich Town reunion at Colchester this summer
For more information about Theatre in the Forest at Sutton Hoo, head online to www.redrosechain.com/macbeth
Tickets for Theatre in the Forest in 2022 will go on general sale later this summer.