Reeves and Mortimer cancel Ipswich Regent’s December 2 show after Bob’s triple bypass heart operation
- Credit: PETT PRODUCTIONS
Fans expecting to see Reeves and Mortimer’s new tour at the Ipswich Regent in December are going to have to wait.
Comedian Bob Mortimer, one half of madcap comedy duo Vic and Bob, has undergone a triple bypass heart operation.
The pair have cancelled the first leg of their 25 Years Of Reeves And Mortimer: The Poignant Moments tour, including what was Ipswich’s December 2 date at the Regent.
Neil Reading, spokesman for Mortimer, 56, said: “Bob would like to thank his consultant and all the nursing staff at the hospital for looking after him so well.
“He now needs several weeks to fully recover, so unfortunately the first leg of the UK tour will be cancelled.
“Bob very much hopes to be fit and well enough to perform the second leg in January next year.”
Mortimer’s comedy partner Reeves said: “I’m so pleased the operation has gone well and Bob is fixed. Many thanks to the surgeon.”
- 1 Men convicted of kidnap and rape of Ipswich girl
- 2 A12 reopens after air ambulance called to three-lorry crash
- 3 Weather warning for Suffolk as thunderstorms expected to affect travel
- 4 Two arrests made following stabbing
- 5 Man stabbed in back and sides in Ipswich attack
- 6 New Venezuelan restaurant to bring fusion of flavour to Ipswich
- 7 Forbidden Suffolk: 6 places you can't visit in the county
- 8 'We're lucky to get her back' - Drone finds missing Pinky after 17 days
- 9 Baby Elsie in ship-shape despite dramatic birth in car at Sutton Hoo
- 10 Serving police officer appears in court over alleged misconduct offence
A spokeswoman for Ipswich Borough Council, which runs the theatre, said: “The Ipswich Regent is sorry to hear the news about Bob Mortimer’s recent heart surgery, and wishes him a speedy recovery.
“Planned dates for the 25 Years of Reeves and Mortimer show across the country have been cancelled, including the Ipswich Regent on December 2.
“People who have purchased tickets are advised to contact their point of sale to arrange a refund of their tickets. Customers who purchased tickets through the Ipswich Regent can contact the Box Office on 01473 433100.”