Reeves and Mortimer cancel Ipswich Regent’s December 2 show after Bob’s triple bypass heart operation
- Credit: PETT PRODUCTIONS
Fans expecting to see Reeves and Mortimer’s new tour at the Ipswich Regent in December are going to have to wait.
Comedian Bob Mortimer, one half of madcap comedy duo Vic and Bob, has undergone a triple bypass heart operation.
The pair have cancelled the first leg of their 25 Years Of Reeves And Mortimer: The Poignant Moments tour, including what was Ipswich’s December 2 date at the Regent.
Neil Reading, spokesman for Mortimer, 56, said: “Bob would like to thank his consultant and all the nursing staff at the hospital for looking after him so well.
“He now needs several weeks to fully recover, so unfortunately the first leg of the UK tour will be cancelled.
You may also want to watch:
“Bob very much hopes to be fit and well enough to perform the second leg in January next year.”
Mortimer’s comedy partner Reeves said: “I’m so pleased the operation has gone well and Bob is fixed. Many thanks to the surgeon.”
- 1 The Walk in Ipswich town centre cordoned off by police
- 2 62-year-old arrested following incident in Ipswich town centre
- 3 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 4 'We don't want them here' - Work continues to make Maple Park safer
- 5 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 6 'Devious' Ipswich doctor jailed for sending fake texts to flatmate
- 7 Ipswich Town fan banned from Portman Road for racially abusing player
- 8 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 9 250 Ipswich patients fined after failing to pay for their prescriptions
- 10 Felixstowe's mayor offers reassurance following lorry park death arrests
A spokeswoman for Ipswich Borough Council, which runs the theatre, said: “The Ipswich Regent is sorry to hear the news about Bob Mortimer’s recent heart surgery, and wishes him a speedy recovery.
“Planned dates for the 25 Years of Reeves and Mortimer show across the country have been cancelled, including the Ipswich Regent on December 2.
“People who have purchased tickets are advised to contact their point of sale to arrange a refund of their tickets. Customers who purchased tickets through the Ipswich Regent can contact the Box Office on 01473 433100.”