Reggie ‘n’ Bollie perform at sold-out Ipswich Regent
Hundreds of families sold out the Ipswich Regent to see X Factor finalists Reggie ‘n’ Bollie on Sunday.
The hip-hop duo were joined on stage by acts including Ipswich dance group Just Jay Dance and fellow former X Factor runner-up Andy Abraham during the family-friendly matinee show.
Ipswich mum Louise Haynes, 41, took along her 10-year-old son Finley Haynes to the eagerly-awaited live show.
She said: “Reggie ‘n’ Bollie brought a breath of fresh air to the X Factor I thought, rather than all the normal ballad singing. They came really close to winning and maybe should have won.
“We bought tickets as soon as they went on sale and have been excited about it for weeks.”
You may also want to watch:
Finley added: “I think they are really entertaining and exciting. I wanted them to win the X Factor.”
Reggie ‘n’ Bollie – real names Reggie Zippy and Ishmael Hamid – hail from Ghana and became Cheryl Fernandez-Versini’s last act in the last series of X Factor.
- 1 Drink driver found slumped at wheel after partying until 7am
- 2 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 3 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 4 Ipswich Flooring Superstore opening brings jobs and investment
- 5 Man arrested following Ipswich sexual assault
- 6 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 7 £1,600 worth of power tools stolen while owner was shopping
- 8 New movie to be shot in Suffolk in 2022, author announces
- 9 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
- 10 What are the Covid rates in Suffolk — and could Christmas be affected?
They finished second to winner Louisa Johnson.
Ipswich mum Steph Duff, 31, bought tickets for her and daughter Tia Duff, nine.
Ms Duff said: “Tia absolutely loved them and I bought tickets straight away, which at £22 a ticket was a good price.
“The Ipswich Regent did really well to get them.”
Reggie ‘n’ Bollie are also due to perform in Norwich and Cornwall in April.
Mum-of-three Toni Hart, 30, travelled up from London with her daughters Kaitlin, eight, Evie, eight, and Rubie, five.
She said: “Ipswich was the nearest show for us, but we didn’t mind as it will be a good day out.
“I am not surprised the show sold out as they are very entertaining.”
The performance comes after Reggie ‘n’ Bollie signed up to Simon Cowell’s Syco Music record company last week.