Reports of up to 10 vehicles involved in crash on Orwell Bridge westbound
- Credit: Gregg Brown
One lane of the Orwell Bridge in Suffolk was closed tonight while emergency services dealt with a multi-vehicle collision.
No-one was reported to have been seriously injured as a result of the crash on the westbound carriageway of the A14 on the bridge.
The collision happened during evening rush hour at 6.15pm.
A spokeswoman for Suffolk Constabulary said the incident was reported to have involved up to 10 vehicles, including at least one lorry.
Three vehicles required recovery from the scene because of the extent of their damage.
Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service sent three fire engines to the scene, but the police spokeswoman said no-one was believed to have been trapped in their vehicle.
The police spokeswoman said no-one was thought to have been taken to hospital for treatment.
- 1 Ipswich Station closed as man arrested for possessing a firearm
- 2 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 3 70 Kesgrave houses switch on for Festive Light Trail
- 4 'Lovely to be acknowledged' - Ipswich craft shop pleased with bounce back
- 5 Could you offer these rescue animals a forever home?
- 6 'Would get Town promoted this season' - Ambrose reveals his choice for new boss
- 7 'It's the dream becoming a reality' - SEND school appoints head
- 8 Suffolk set to be battered by strong winds as weather warning issued
- 9 Decision expected on Brewdog bar at Ipswich Waterfront
- 10 Some of the best mischievous elf ideas seen across Suffolk
She added: “It was reported as minor injuries, all persons out of the vehicles.”