Reptiles rescued from certain doom

FIREFIGHTERS made an unusual rescue in Sudbury yesterday when nearly 50 tortoises were evacuated from a smoke filled cellar.

FIREFIGHTERS made an unusual rescue in Sudbury yesterday when nearly 50 tortoises were evacuated from a smoke filled cellar.

Two fire crews were called to a house Newton Road, at 3.14pm, where a fire had been caused by smouldering newspapers and cardboard.

All the reptiles were accounted for and two human males were treated for smoke inhalation.