Rescuers free woman from mud
A woman was rescued today after she found herself stuck in deep mud in a wood.
A TEENAGER had to be rescued from a wood today after she found herself stuck in mud up to her hips.
A search was launched by Suffolk police after they received a call from the 17-year-old on her mobile phone at about 4.25pm who said she was stuck and couldn't be seen by the nearby road.
A search was launched by police who were assisted by fire crews and an RAF helicopter.
A spokesman for Suffolk Police said: “We were very concerned initially because she told us she was near the shore line and the tide would have been coming in shortly and the signal on her mobile phone had gone.”
You may also want to watch:
The woman was found alive and well by police officers an hour later in dense fog and stuck in mud in Decoy Wood, near Nacton and Levington Village.
She was checked over at the scene by paramedics and suffered minor injuries.
- 1 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 2 Christmas light DJ to open new Ipswich bar
- 3 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 4 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 5 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 6 'Horror movie script' - Waterfront lounge bar plans rejected again
- 7 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 8 Watchdog upholds mother's complaint about handling of son's special education needs
- 9 Felixstowe to get £1million 'beach village' with new attractions
- 10 Two people rescued after search off Harwich coast