Resort blooms in second place
SILVER but not gold was the result today for Felixstowe as it took runner-up spot in the national floral championships.The seaside town was second in the resort class of Britain in Bloom – although it was still being hailed as a fantastic achievement.
SILVER but not gold was the result today for Felixstowe as it took runner-up spot in the national floral championships.
The seaside town was second in the resort class of Britain in Bloom – although it was still being hailed as a fantastic achievement.
The resort had been up against tough opposition, including Brighton, Llandudno, Hove, Scarborough and Southport.
Mayor Malcolm Minns travelled to Aberdeen to receive the award on behalf of the town.
You may also want to watch:
Next week there is a fresh chance for glory when the resort is judged in the Anglia in Bloom awards and it will be hoping to retain its title as the region's best town.
Bury St Edmunds also won silver at the Britain in Bloom in the large town category.
- 1 Bin lorry driver ran over colleague's leg in Kesgrave
- 2 Community 'very shocked' by stabbing in Ipswich
- 3 Drug dealer seen bragging in YouTube rap videos
- 4 Sought-after Felixstowe beach hut sells for £88K
- 5 Woman 'alarmed and distressed' after verbal abuse in Ipswich
- 6 Work to start on new Ipswich town centre retirement homes
- 7 Burglary at O2 store in Ipswich town centre
- 8 Man to be sentenced over 'dine and dash' spree
- 9 Town co-owner Bakay on future of Portman Road name
- 10 Pair in court following suspected stolen dogs raid at West Meadows
n Finalists for the Woodbridge in Bloom competition gathered this week. Judges were keeping winning entries a closely guarded secret.