Resort blooms in second place
SILVER but not gold was the result today for Felixstowe as it took runner-up spot in the national floral championships.The seaside town was second in the resort class of Britain in Bloom – although it was still being hailed as a fantastic achievement.
SILVER but not gold was the result today for Felixstowe as it took runner-up spot in the national floral championships.
The seaside town was second in the resort class of Britain in Bloom – although it was still being hailed as a fantastic achievement.
The resort had been up against tough opposition, including Brighton, Llandudno, Hove, Scarborough and Southport.
Mayor Malcolm Minns travelled to Aberdeen to receive the award on behalf of the town.
Next week there is a fresh chance for glory when the resort is judged in the Anglia in Bloom awards and it will be hoping to retain its title as the region's best town.
Bury St Edmunds also won silver at the Britain in Bloom in the large town category.
- 1 Cycle wands being removed from Ipswich roads
- 2 Paul Cook sacked by Ipswich Town
- 3 Things you should know before visiting Spoon World Buffet and Bar
- 4 Gang jailed for 'horrific' torture attack on man in Ipswich home
- 5 Former BBC DJ to go live with new station
- 6 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 7 Delays likely on major Ipswich road as 12 days of roadworks planned
- 8 Matchday Recap: A replay awaits as Town fail to beat Barrow
- 9 'Dedicated and devoted' - tributes paid to retired teacher Annick Smith
- 10 Suffolk headteacher criticises school rankings
n Finalists for the Woodbridge in Bloom competition gathered this week. Judges were keeping winning entries a closely guarded secret.