Resort waits for blizzards to return
AFTER three hours of snow, the Felixstowe area was waiting to see if it would take a second hit of wintry weather this afternoon.Forecasters are saying the worst may be yet to come today - but the coast has already has a substantial covering.
AFTER three hours of snow, the Felixstowe area was waiting to see if it would take a second hit of wintry weather this afternoon.
Forecasters are saying the worst may be yet to come today - but the coast has already has a substantial covering.
The snow stopped about 10am with three inches laying on fields, gardens, roads and paths in the villages on the peninsula, but had started again by 11.45am.
You may also want to watch:
Felixstowe had less snow, but its roads were a mixture of ice and slush after the rush-hour traffic had ploughed its way through.
Paths in the town centre were hazardous and few people had ventured out with shops and businesses having a quiet morning.
- 1 Ipswich council faces financial black hole over empty BHS store
- 2 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 3 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 4 Suffolk man waits 12 hours for ambulance after suffering stroke
- 5 Felixstowe woman accused of setting fire to caravan and drink driving
- 6 Royal Mail confirms removal of Ipswich postbox
- 7 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 8 Arrest warrants issued for men facing sheep charges
- 9 Driver presses ahead with police complaint despite losing speeding trial
- 10 40 new technology jobs announced at BT