Results: Readers call for Grand National to be scrapped after deaths
MORE than 1,600 online readers have had their say in our Grand National poll posted in the wake of Saturday’s tragedy.
The death of two horses sparked a national debate about the safety of the course.
We asked readers what they thought should happen to the race in the future and 653 said they thought it should be stopped.
A further 400 readers called for all horse racing to be banned.
Meanwhile, more than 300 readers called for fences to be lowered to increase safety.
You may also want to watch:
Only around 250 of our readers - or 16 per cent - believe the race should continue as it is.
- 1 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 2 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 3 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 4 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 5 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 6 70-year-old woman arrested in connection with human trafficking offences
- 7 Man accused of Ipswich stabbing refuses to leave cell to enter plea
- 8 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 9 Life sentence for Hartshorne-Jones who shot wife dead at home
- 10 Man and woman arrested after Ipswich stabbing