Reunion call for Coplestonians
FINAL preparations are being made for a reunion of former pupils at an Ipswich school.For old classmates at Copleston, between 1948 and 1955, are set to gather later this month.
By Lynn Abbott
FINAL preparations are being made for a reunion of former pupils at an Ipswich school.
For old classmates at Copleston, between 1948 and 1955, are set to gather later this month.
Copleston old boy Dennis Crapnell is no stranger to organising these occasions of nostalgia and he said that all previous get togethers have been huge successes.
Being a bit of a glutton for punishment Mr Crapnell is currently getting together names for the latest gathering of past pupils and although the next big event is almost two weeks away the guest list has already grown to nearly 100.
Mr Crapnell said: "We are calling this the Class of '49 but in reality it is for any pupils who were at the school between 1948 and 1955.
- 1 Road near Ipswich town centre closed after crash involving motorcyclist
- 2 New independent baby shop opens in Ipswich
- 3 Man used drawstring from JD Sports bag to drag woman to the ground
- 4 When will bins be collected in Ipswich this Bank Holiday weekend?
- 5 'Fresh and timeless' Greek cuisine comes to Ipswich
- 6 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 7 See inside Ipswich home with stunning views of the town from own turret
- 8 'I am so excited': New store owner on his dream come true
- 9 Revealed: The most popular Suffolk fish and chip shop
- 10 Driver caught doing 64mph in 40mph section of A12
"After something went in the paper a few weeks ago I had numerous phone calls and currently have 98 former pupils promising to come along. But I know there is likely to be many more," he added.
With an eight year span there is sure to be a good cross section of former pupils having chats about times past … and what about those old school photographs?
Dig them out and bring them along to the reunion to share with each other and as an Evening Star photographer will also be in attendance many are likely to end up being published in the newspaper as well.
The event is being held at St Clements Social Club on Foxhall Road, Ipswich on Saturday, January 26, from 7.30pm to 11.30pm.
So if you fit the bill for this latest Copleston Road School reunion, then why not get in touch with Mr Crapnell on Ipswich 01473 259890 to book your place.
n If you are planning a reunion soon and need help contacting former school pals and even staff, why not write to Old School Ties, The Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN, telephone 01473 282257282292 or e-mail StarNews@ecng.co.uk