Northgate Grammar School alumni reunite after 70 years apart
Former pupils from Northgate Grammar School have reunited for an afternoon in Ipswich.
23 members of the class who started at the school in September 1945 met up at the Ipswich and Suffolk Club earlier this month.
The former pupils, who are now all in their 80s, had a sit down meal before sharing photos and memories of their time at the school.
The event was the second reunion to be organised by friends Brian Pinner and Bob Pawsey who had the difficult job of tracking old school friends down.
With over 70 years having past since the school friends first met Brian admits that many people have changed since their days at Northgate.
You may also want to watch:
“It was intriguing,” said Brian,“ and people have sent messages to say how much they enjoyed it.”
Brian and Bob hope to be able to put on another event next year as long as their health permits it.
- 1 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 2 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 3 Christmas light DJ to open new Ipswich bar
- 4 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 5 Cardinal Practice 'access issues' to be discussed at key NHS meeting
- 6 New movie to be shot in Suffolk in 2022, author announces
- 7 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 8 What are the Covid rates in Suffolk — and could Christmas be affected?
- 9 'Horror movie script' - Waterfront lounge bar plans rejected again
- 10 Two people rescued after search off Harwich coast
“ We all know that we are not immortal,” said Brian.