Northgate Grammar School alumni reunite after 70 years apart
Former pupils from Northgate Grammar School have reunited for an afternoon in Ipswich.
23 members of the class who started at the school in September 1945 met up at the Ipswich and Suffolk Club earlier this month.
The former pupils, who are now all in their 80s, had a sit down meal before sharing photos and memories of their time at the school.
The event was the second reunion to be organised by friends Brian Pinner and Bob Pawsey who had the difficult job of tracking old school friends down.
With over 70 years having past since the school friends first met Brian admits that many people have changed since their days at Northgate.
“It was intriguing,” said Brian,“ and people have sent messages to say how much they enjoyed it.”
Brian and Bob hope to be able to put on another event next year as long as their health permits it.
- 1 Man found unconscious in Ipswich alleyway following serious assault
- 2 Suffolk woman and her three dogs die in London crash
- 3 Brother of Ipswich murder victim to roll out bleed control kits across town
- 4 Hopes pre-built extension plans will attract bigger acts to the Regent
- 5 £1million house with extensive grounds up for sale near Christchurch Park
- 6 Striking new seafront café opens its doors to customers after two-year wait
- 7 Charity match held in memory of Tavis Spencer-Aitkens
- 8 Tomorrow's lunar eclipse: How and when to see it
- 9 Driver fined £100 after accidentally entering wrong date on car park app
- 10 GALLERY: 14 pictures from the Ipswich Twilight Races 2022
“ We all know that we are not immortal,” said Brian.