Revealed – Plans unveiled for new adrenalin-pumping climbing complex at Ransomes Europark
- Credit: Archant
Ransomes Europark could be in for another boost if a new climbing and activity complex for thrillseekers is given the green light by planners.
Popular leisure chain Clip ‘n Climb is the latest business to show interest in the park, with bosses submitting proposals for land near Makro earlier this week.
Earmarked for a site close to the Ipswich East fire station in The Havens, it would offer more than a dozen different climbing challenges for everyone from daredevils to young children.
The Vertical Drop attraction is thought to be among the highest slides in the UK – while the adrenalin-pumping Leap of Faith sees participants catch hold of a trapeze.
Chiefs behind the Clip ‘n Climb centre submitted their application very recently, so it is still in an early stage with the full proposals expected to go before planners in due course.
You may also want to watch:
However, director Mark Patterson is keen to set out his vision for the facility.
Mr Patterson said: “It is very exciting, and will be fantastic for the local Ipswich community.
- 1 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 2 How Ipswich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 3 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 4 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 5 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 6 Trial set for man who robbed mum of her handbag
- 7 Holly holding onto new hope in eating disorder recovery process
- 8 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 9 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 10 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
“It was actually how much my two boys enjoyed a similar centre that got us started. But it’s not just for kids – far from it.
“It will be good for teenagers and adults too, with the highest challenges a real test for anyone’s courage.”
Full plans for the activity centre are being unveiled just as Nando’s bosses confirmed preparations to open in the former Pizza Hut building in The Sandlings are progressing well.
Bosses are currently giving the building finishing touches – including a new lick of paint – but are yet to announce an official opening date.