Review: Top 5 jokes by Milton Jones at Ipswich Regent, November 2017
PUBLISHED: 10:38 11 November 2017 | UPDATED: 12:45 12 November 2017
Milton Jones, the undisputed king of zany one-liners, the surreal sultan of comedy, was relentlessly ridiculous at the Ipswich Regent on Friday night.
The comedian, treasured for his absurd tales and wisdom on shows like Mock The Week, was in imperious form when he brought his ‘Milton Jones Is Out There’ tour to town. Here are some of his best jokes from the night:
• I lived in a flat with three girls until they found out.
• I’ve got a thing for redheads. A paper bag.
• I love face-painting. It’s a lot of fun. Although you do need the person’s permission.
• I really like driverless cars. In fact the other day I saw a whole car park of them.
• One of my heroes growing up was George Best. No no – I liked Zippy the best.
Clearly a comedian who specialises in one-liners should not simply stand in the middle of the stage for 90 minutes and tell joke after joke. So Milton was dressed up as Great Britain (peaking out of the Peak District) for his opening act. Other parts were visually improved by utilising props, facing a large screen behind him, and listening to voicemails left by his new public relations officer ‘Becky’.
Very few jokes bombed. His audience interaction was impeccable, his distinctive delivery was on point, and the audience got their money’s worth and left with a smile on their faces.