Teen trio in court charged with murder of Richard Day outside Kebapizza
- Credit: Archant
Three teenagers have appeared before a court charged with the murder of a man outside a fast food shop in Ipswich.
The three 16-year-old boys, who are all from Ipswich but cannot be named because of their age, are accused of murder following the death of 45-year-old Richard Day.
Mr Day was found lying on the ground outside the Kebapizza takeaway in St Matthew’s Street.
Suffolk police were called to the scene at 12.15am on February 23.
Mr Day was taken to hospital, where he died the following day.
You may also want to watch:
The three boys appeared before Ipswich Crown Court by video-link from a young offenders institution on Wednesday.
They were not asked to enter a plea.
- 1 Martlesham man caught with indecent images for second time
- 2 These are the neighbourhoods in Suffolk where Covid rates are still rising
- 3 Parents 'distraught' after teenage boy is violently assaulted in Chantry
- 4 New Aldi store takes shape near Morrisons in Ipswich
- 5 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say
- 6 Ipswich woman who was 'too big' to operate on loses 8 stone after health scare
- 7 When Anita Dobson visited Ipswich - and more 1980s pub memories
- 8 Snow could hit Suffolk as overnight temperatures set to plunge
- 9 Could a change in bus services help keep passengers moving post-Covid?
- 10 Campaign against two more solar farms gathers strength in Suffolk villages
Judge Martyn Levett said the provisional date for a trial remains fixed for July 13.
A further mention hearing is listed for June 8.