Rider and passenger taken to hospital after motorcycle crash on A12 near Martlesham
- Credit: Archant
A motorcyclist and his passenger have been taken to hospital after coming of their bike on the A12 at Martlesham.
Police were called at around 3.40pm today, Tuesday, September 26, to the collision on the southbound carriageway, just after the Foxhall Road roundabout.
The male rider has been taken to Ipswich Hospital by ambulance with a suspected broken bone.
His female passenger is believed to have escaped the collision without injury but has been also taken to hospital to be assessed.
One lane of the A12 has been partially blocked while officers await recovery of the motorbike.
You may also want to watch:
A spokeswoman for Suffolk police said: “There has been a collision involving two people on a motorbike.
“A man has been taken to hospital and is thought to have broken a bone.
- 1 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 2 Man and woman arrested after Ipswich stabbing
- 3 Farmfoods set to move in as Aldi confirms closure of store on Ipswich estate
- 4 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 5 70-year-old woman arrested in connection with human trafficking offences
- 6 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 7 Life sentence for Hartshorne-Jones who shot wife dead at home
- 8 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 9 Pair who hid murderer are among trio jailed for running drug syndicate
- 10 Flooding expected near Ipswich Waterfront
“He is conscious and breathing.
“One lane of the road has been partially blocked just after the roundabout.”
Witnesses to the crash are asked to call police on 101.