Rider and passenger taken to hospital after motorcycle crash on A12 near Martlesham
- Credit: Archant
A motorcyclist and his passenger have been taken to hospital after coming of their bike on the A12 at Martlesham.
Police were called at around 3.40pm today, Tuesday, September 26, to the collision on the southbound carriageway, just after the Foxhall Road roundabout.
The male rider has been taken to Ipswich Hospital by ambulance with a suspected broken bone.
His female passenger is believed to have escaped the collision without injury but has been also taken to hospital to be assessed.
One lane of the A12 has been partially blocked while officers await recovery of the motorbike.
You may also want to watch:
A spokeswoman for Suffolk police said: “There has been a collision involving two people on a motorbike.
“A man has been taken to hospital and is thought to have broken a bone.
- 1 These are the neighbourhoods in Suffolk where Covid rates are still rising
- 2 Ipswich woman who was 'too big' to operate on loses 8 stone after health scare
- 3 New Aldi store takes shape near Morrisons in Ipswich
- 4 Martlesham man caught with indecent images for second time
- 5 Parents 'distraught' after teenage boy is violently assaulted in Chantry
- 6 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say
- 7 Snow could hit Suffolk as overnight temperatures set to plunge
- 8 Jailed in Suffolk: See the faces of the criminals locked up this week
- 9 When Anita Dobson visited Ipswich - and more 1980s pub memories
- 10 Covid-19 cases continue to fall across region, latest statistics show
“He is conscious and breathing.
“One lane of the road has been partially blocked just after the roundabout.”
Witnesses to the crash are asked to call police on 101.