Rio-themed Felixstowe Carnival 2016 draws crowds in weekend sunshine
Dazzling parade floats kicked off this year’s Felixstowe Carnival yesterday – and crowds are continuing to flock to the seaside event in today’s sunshine.
Themed around the Rio Olympics, the 2016 event boasts a funfair, arts and craft stalls and live music.
Carnival queen Nicola Barclay, 33, along with her princesses Maddison Vincent, 11, and Olivia Andrews, 10 were interviewed on stage yesterday, on an afternoon which also saw Like the Beatles, Naked Apes and Chris the Clown take to the main stage.
Raindance, based in Ipswich, are performing at 2pm today.
The band has previously supported artists such as The Levellers, Suzi Quatro, and Dr and the Medics.
J.S and the Lockerbillies - favourites at this year’s Ipswich Music Day - are expected to draw crowds this evening.
Tonight, the carnival will take to the skies as the town’s pier provides the backdrop to an explosive firework display.
- 1 Most desirable places to live in Ipswich according to estate agents
- 2 Ipswich man charged with string of sexual offences
- 3 Missing 12-year-old girl from Ipswich found safe
- 4 Ipswich Music Day 2022: All you need to know
- 5 Could you offer one of these rescue animals their forever home in Suffolk?
- 6 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals locked up so far in 2022
- 7 Woman 'froze' after seeing masked men with machetes in Ipswich
- 8 OPINION: Free sporting activities for children return to Ipswich this summer
- 9 Ipswich singer to perform UK festival tour after scoring club hit
- 10 Plans for 440 homes and visitor centre in Ipswich Garden Suburb submitted
Are you at the Felixstowe Carnival, or did you visit yesterday? Share your experiences with us in the comments below or by emailing email@example.com