Road blocked after rush-hour smash
VIDEO ONE of the busiest roads in Ipswich was closed during part of the rush hour today after a two cars were in collision.Part of Duke Street near the roundabout with Mytle Road after the 9am accident.
ONE of the busiest roads in Ipswich was closed during part of the rush hour today after a two cars were in collision.
Part of Duke Street near the roundabout with Mytle Road after the 9am accident.
Three fire appliances, an ambulance and two police cars were called to the scene - but a police spokeswoman said no one was seriously hurt in the accident
One occupant of a yellow Hyundai was put in a neck brace as a precautionary measure. No one from the other vehicle, a blue Ford Ka, was injured in the accident.
The accident caused serious problems for motorists heading into town from the Gainsborough area at the end of today's rush hour but police officers and firefighters worked to reopen the road after shortly after 9.30am.
- 1 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 2 Ipswich man jailed for 25 years after teen left paralysed in shooting
- 3 Armed police arrest two 16-year-olds on suspicion of firearms offences
- 4 10,000 listeners tune in to new Suffolk radio station
- 5 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 6 Serious fire breaks out at home in Woodbridge
- 7 'Dire for hospitality in Ipswich' - grill owner hits out at hardship grants
- 8 'It's very frustrating': Anger as £150 stolen from charity shop in Felixstowe
- 9 'Depraved' Felixstowe man jailed for child sex offences
- 10 Weather warning in place for Suffolk as temperatures plunge below freezing