Road closed following collision
POLICE have closed an Ipswich road following an accident in which a moped rider was badly injured.Bishop's Hill has been closed while officers from Suffolk police investigate what caused the collision, which is believed to have involved the moped and one car.
POLICE closed an Ipswich road following an accident in which a moped rider was badly injured.
Bishop's Hill has been closed while officers from Suffolk police investigate what caused the collision, which is believed to have involved the moped and one car.
The moped rider, believed to be a teenager, was taken to Suffolk hospital with what were described by a police spokeswoman as possible 'life-changing injuries.'
The police spokeswoman said: “The road will be closed while until the investigation is complete, which is normal procedure.”
An eye-witness who saw the collision from his own car said: “We were about two cars behind when it happened.
“The car which was involved went to turn into the new estate off Bishop's Hill, and that is when the collision took place.
- 1 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 2 Push for 4 day work week in Suffolk after company's profits soar 200%
- 3 Man dies following single vehicle crash near Ipswich
- 4 Carer avoids jail after fraudulently obtaining £3,500 at Ipswich home
- 5 Wahoo skating shop moving from Ipswich to Woodbridge
- 6 Drug dealer escapes jail after £3k worth of cannabis found at home
- 7 Hunt for Vicky's killer continues nearly six months after suspect arrested
- 8 Man charged in connection of drug offences in Ipswich
- 9 Ipswich shop owner among UK's top 100 female business women
- 10 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
“The moped rider came off his bike but he got up afterwards.”
Anyone who witnessed the accident is asked to call Suffolk police on 01473 613500.