Road closed following head on crash
THE A140 is closed off to traffic this evening after a head on collision which left a number of people trapped inside a vehicle.
THE A140 was closed after a head on collision which left a number of people trapped inside a vehicle.
An air ambulance took one man to hospital from the crash scene at Pains Hill on the A140, near to Little Stonham but his injuries are no longer thought to be serious.
The collision happened near to the crossroads between the A140 and A1120 and the road was reopened by 7.30pm.
A Vauxhall van and a Volvo estate car collided head on, leaving both cars in a crumpled state.
Firefighters removed the roof of the car to free two casualties trapped inside.
- 1 Paul Cook sacked by Ipswich Town
- 2 Former BBC DJ to go live with new station
- 3 Cycle wands being removed from Ipswich roads
- 4 Things you should know before visiting Spoon World Buffet and Bar
- 5 Delays likely on major Ipswich road as 12 days of roadworks planned
- 6 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 7 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 8 Matchday Recap: A replay awaits as Town fail to beat Barrow
- 9 Harsh or fair? Here's what Town fans are saying about Paul Cook sacking
- 10 Gang jailed for 'horrific' torture attack on man in Ipswich home