Road closures announced for Ipswich Twilight Road Races 2017 on Friday, August 18
Organisers of the Ipswich Twilight Road Races have released details of the 38 road closures this Friday.
Hundreds of runners will pound the streets around the town centre at the third-annual, sold-out event.
The 5k elite race starts at 7pm and the 10k mass participation race starts at 7.30pm. Both start and finish at Suffolk New College. People are urged to line the streets and support the runners.
Note: The taxi rank in Lloyds Avenue will remain open as usual.
The Ipswich Building Society event is organised by Ipswich JAFFA Running Club in association with Ipswich Borough Council and Suffolk New College.
You may also want to watch:
Race director Carl Ashton, of Ipswich JAFFA, said: “This year is looking like being the biggest and best so far. The event has grown rapidly from just 800 runners in the first year to now over 1,700. We sold out in June, showing just how popular the event has become. The reputation of the 5k is also growing nationally, attracting more athletes to the town.”
- 1 Ipswich council faces financial black hole over empty BHS store
- 2 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 3 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 4 Suffolk man waits 12 hours for ambulance after suffering stroke
- 5 Felixstowe woman accused of setting fire to caravan and drink driving
- 6 Royal Mail confirms removal of Ipswich postbox
- 7 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 8 Arrest warrants issued for men facing sheep charges
- 9 Driver presses ahead with police complaint despite losing speeding trial
- 10 40 new technology jobs announced at BT