Road resurfaced around car - again
IT has happened again.It has today emerged that workers resurfacing an Ipswich street once again went around a car still parked there.This less-than-perfect resurfacing job took place in Alan Road.
IT has happened again.
It has today emerged that workers resurfacing an Ipswich street once again went around a car still parked there.
This less-than-perfect resurfacing job took place in Alan Road.
Just a few days ago The Evening Star reported that the subcontractor for Ipswich Borough Council had little option but to resurface around a parked car in the town's Waveney Road after repeated attempts to get the offending car moved proved fruitless.
A council's spokesman said it had resurfaced nearly 100 roads this year and that this was the only case in which it had been unable to get a car moved.
But the Star soon discovered this was not the case.
- 1 Kesgrave family move home to cope with 'crippling' cost of living
- 2 Ipswich man jailed for 25 years after teen left paralysed in shooting
- 3 Bank cards stolen as five cars broken into across Ipswich this weekend
- 4 80-year-old woman was stuck in a lift for 10 hours
- 5 Matchday Recap: Two second-half goals inspire Town win
- 6 Delays on A14 after two-vehicle crash
- 7 Ipswich cannabis dealer avoids immediate jail sentence
- 8 'Depraved' Felixstowe man jailed for child sex offences
- 9 Soldier headbutted police officer after being caught drink driving
- 10 Impact of pandemic on Ipswich town centre outlined in report
John Hood, 51, of Cavendish Street, Ipswich, said: “It's exactly the same situation in Alan Road.
“There were signs up saying, 'Please remove your cars.'
“All the cars had moved except for a BMW, so they went around it.
“I saw it about three weeks ago. We were walking down the road to Holywells Park - we take the dog out every morning.
“We thought it looked great until we noticed they had gone around a car!
“I thought it was a bit of a joke really and that they might come back and do it in a couple of days.”
A borough council spokesman said: “We really value and appreciate the overwhelming co-operation we receive from residents.”
Do you know of any other roads where this has happened? Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or send us an e-mail to email@example.com