Road tragedy man named
POLICE today released the name of the man who died after a road accident on the A137 near Brantham.Patrick Dale, off Stutton Road, Brantham died at Ipswich Hospital from the injuries he sustained when he was hit by a car as he walked along the road just before 2am Saturday.
POLICE today released the name of the man who died after a road accident on the A137 near Brantham.
Patrick Dale, off Stutton Road, Brantham died at Ipswich Hospital from the injuries he sustained when he was hit by a car as he walked along the road just before 2am Saturday.
The 24-year-old, who suffered head and chest injuries, was with his friend Fraser Nicholas, of Ipswich Road, Holbrook, when the fatal accident occurred.
A spokesman for Suffolk Police said Mr Nicholas remained in Ipswich Hospital today. The 22-year-old is being treated for knee injuries.
You may also want to watch:
The incident happened about 500 yards from the Brantham Bull pub on the Ipswich-bound carriageway.
- 1 Person in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 2 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 3 Ipswich tops rankings for Suffolk's Japanese knotweed infestations
- 4 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 5 Big Hoot revealed as latest Ipswich art trail for 2022
- 6 Air ambulance lands near Ipswich shops after medical emergency
- 7 Developers seek views on plans for 150 homes on farmland
- 8 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 9 'They saved a life' - neighbour praises firefighters in Ipswich house blaze
- 10 Iconic names, a disastrous relationship and now a music superstar - the evolution of Town’s shirt sponsors