Roads to be gritted tonight
MOTORISTS are today being warned of icy conditions expected tonight. As temperatures are expected to fall below zero Suffolk County Council announced it will be gritting all A and B roads in the county from 7pm onwards.
MOTORISTS are today being warned of icy conditions expected tonight.
As temperatures are expected to fall below zero Suffolk County Council announced it will be gritting all A and B roads in the county from 7pm onwards.
A spokeswoman said: “Road users should therefore take reasonable precautions to ensure the safety of themselves and others when freezing conditions occur.
“Before setting out, listen to weather forecasts on the radio or television, and look for clues outside. For example, is there frost on the grass or on the car windscreen.
“Reduce your speed generally and slow down well in advance of bends and junctions. Allow more time to stop than usual.
“Use a high gear and avoid harsh acceleration, hard braking or sudden steering movements. Make sure you can see and be seen.
- 1 Three youngsters try to kick down Ipswich family's door
- 2 Snow falls in Suffolk overnight as cold snap set to continue
- 3 European store wants to sell alcohol at old Co-op store in Ipswich
- 4 Dedicated daughter steps up after tragic death of 'amazing' mum Heidi
- 5 Ipswich homes left without electricity after power cut
- 6 Matchday Recap: Outrageous Celina wins it for Town
- 7 Van driver jailed after A12 crash left motorist with life-changing injuries
- 8 Homes with 'stunning' coastal views by Felixstowe golf club up for sale
- 9 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 10 Care home worker may be jailed after using resident's bank card
“Use dipped headlights in poor visibility but avoid unnecessary use of main beam headlights or rear fog lights, which can cause dazzle and annoyance.”