Faulty traffic lights causing congestion
- Credit: Archant
A set of malfunctioning temporary traffic lights are causing congestion in the centre of a Suffolk town.
Temporary gas works in Hadleigh are currently causing more disruption than expected after reports of a faulty traffic control system.
The lights in Lady Lane are both stuck on red, causing confusion and tailbacks near the Lady Lane Garage on the B1070.
The fault was first spotted by a pizza delivery driver who shared the discovery on Facebook, warning other drivers that some co-operation and patience will be needed to get everyone through the system.
The works are being carried out by subcontractor Cadent.
Suffolk Highways has confirmed that staff from Cadent are investigating the fault with the traffic control system.
All surrounding businesses and the Lady Lane Garage are still accessible.
- 1 Paul Cook sacked by Ipswich Town
- 2 Former BBC DJ to go live with new station
- 3 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 4 Delays likely on major Ipswich road as 12 days of roadworks planned
- 5 Harsh or fair? Here's what Town fans are saying about Paul Cook sacking
- 6 Things you should know before visiting Spoon World Buffet and Bar
- 7 Cycle wands being removed from Ipswich roads
- 8 Two people reported rough sleeping every day in Ipswich last month
- 9 Matchday Recap: A replay awaits as Town fail to beat Barrow
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
The work being carried out is due to last until January 16.