Faulty traffic lights causing congestion
- Credit: Archant
A set of malfunctioning temporary traffic lights are causing congestion in the centre of a Suffolk town.
Temporary gas works in Hadleigh are currently causing more disruption than expected after reports of a faulty traffic control system.
The lights in Lady Lane are both stuck on red, causing confusion and tailbacks near the Lady Lane Garage on the B1070.
The fault was first spotted by a pizza delivery driver who shared the discovery on Facebook, warning other drivers that some co-operation and patience will be needed to get everyone through the system.
The works are being carried out by subcontractor Cadent.
You may also want to watch:
Suffolk Highways has confirmed that staff from Cadent are investigating the fault with the traffic control system.
All surrounding businesses and the Lady Lane Garage are still accessible.
- 1 Citroën driver taken to hospital after car comes off road
- 2 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 3 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 4 Patient in 90s will fight Ipswich Hospital parking fine
- 5 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 6 Car rental business set to bring jobs boost
- 7 Return of live music to continue with one-day Ipswich festival
- 8 Jailed in Suffolk: Drug courier and teenage burglar put behind bars
- 9 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 10 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
The work being carried out is due to last until January 16.