Robber left victim with sore throat
SUFFOLK Police are appealing for witnesses today, following a robbery in an alleyway in Bury St Edmunds.A 55-year-old man from the town was walking along the alleyway leading from Ipswich Court to Long Breckland at approximately 5.15pm on Boxing Day when he was approached and grabbed from behind.
SUFFOLK Police are appealing for witnesses today, following a robbery in an alleyway in Bury St Edmunds.
A 55-year-old man suffered injuries in the vicious attack.
The resident of the town was walking along an alleyway leading from Ipswich Court to Long Breckland at approximately 5.15pm on Boxing Day, when he was approached and grabbed from behind.
The offender held the victim in a headlock, knocking off his glasses, and made a search of his pockets.
You may also want to watch:
He removed a mobile phone, some keys and a wallet.
He also stole a bag containing alcohol and cigarettes, before knocking the man to the ground and heading off in the direction of St John's Street.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 More than £23k raised in memory of mum who died 2 days after giving birth
- 3 Woman threatened to expose lorry driver's sexual relationship
- 4 Developers offer first view of 75 new homes near Ipswich
- 5 What happened to Luke Durbin? Mum's renewed appeal 15 years after teenager vanished in Ipswich
- 6 'Larger-than-life' Ipswich drama teacher Gloria Henshall dies
- 7 New walking trail explores 'key role' Suffolk played in Anglo-Saxon history
- 8 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 9 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 10 'Teaching means the world' - school in Ipswich unveils new deputy head
The offender is described as male, white, and approximately 6ft tall. He was about 30 years old.
Detective Sergeant John Brocklebank, from Bury St Edmunds CID said: "This was a particularly nasty attack leaving the victim extremely shaken with a slight cut to the nose and a sore throat.
"We would like to appeal to anyone who witnessed the incident or noticed anyone hanging around or acting suspiciously in the area of Ipswich Court and Long Breckland at the time of the offence."
Anyone with any information is asked to call DS Brocklebank at Bury CID on 01284 774100, or contact Crimestoppers on freephone 0800 555111.