Robber left victim with sore throat
SUFFOLK Police are appealing for witnesses today, following a robbery in an alleyway in Bury St Edmunds.A 55-year-old man from the town was walking along the alleyway leading from Ipswich Court to Long Breckland at approximately 5.15pm on Boxing Day when he was approached and grabbed from behind.
SUFFOLK Police are appealing for witnesses today, following a robbery in an alleyway in Bury St Edmunds.
A 55-year-old man suffered injuries in the vicious attack.
The resident of the town was walking along an alleyway leading from Ipswich Court to Long Breckland at approximately 5.15pm on Boxing Day, when he was approached and grabbed from behind.
The offender held the victim in a headlock, knocking off his glasses, and made a search of his pockets.
You may also want to watch:
He removed a mobile phone, some keys and a wallet.
He also stole a bag containing alcohol and cigarettes, before knocking the man to the ground and heading off in the direction of St John's Street.
- 1 Man caught in Ipswich park paedophile sting jailed for more than two years
- 2 Should buses be kept out of Ipswich's Upper Brook Street?
- 3 Ipswich teenage boy arrested over stabbing
- 4 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 5 Ipswich lorry drivers raise a glass as haulage firm launches in-house watering hole
- 6 Couple avoid jail for campaign of harassment against neighbour
- 7 Five of the best places to cure your hangover in Ipswich
- 8 Farmland 'years away' from development, says builder
- 9 Woman accused of fraudulently giving £75k to son while bankrupt
- 10 Man taken to hospital after becoming stuck in mud in Ipswich riverbank
The offender is described as male, white, and approximately 6ft tall. He was about 30 years old.
Detective Sergeant John Brocklebank, from Bury St Edmunds CID said: "This was a particularly nasty attack leaving the victim extremely shaken with a slight cut to the nose and a sore throat.
"We would like to appeal to anyone who witnessed the incident or noticed anyone hanging around or acting suspiciously in the area of Ipswich Court and Long Breckland at the time of the offence."
Anyone with any information is asked to call DS Brocklebank at Bury CID on 01284 774100, or contact Crimestoppers on freephone 0800 555111.