Robbery at Ipswich newsagent
DETECTIVES have launched a man hunt following a robbery at an Ipswich newsagent today.
AN INVESTIGATION is under way after a masked knife-wielding robber struck at an Ipswich newsagent.
The robber, thought to be in his teens, threatened staff at Majors newsagents, on Major's corner, with a knife before stealing a quantity of cash just after 3.30pm yesterday.
Police said no-one was hurt in the raid and the robber made off on foot towards Woodbridge Road after initially approaching the shop from the Old Foundry Road direction.
“A youth entered the shop and spent several minutes inside before approaching a male member of staff and threatening him with a knife and demanding cash,” said a police spokesperson.
She said he is described as black, in mid-late teens, around 5 ft 9 ins tall and of thin, athletic build. He was wearing a green and white patterned bandana over part of his face, white socks on his hands, a light grey hooded top, blue denim jeans and white trainers with a black line on. He was also said to be carrying a black draw string bag with the Nike logo on it.
Police said they wanted to hear from people in the area at the time that may have seen something.
- 1 Travellers pitch up at park in Ipswich
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 3 Driver blamed Amazon training for 13 speeding offences in Suffolk
- 4 Police launch appeal to identify man after incident in Ipswich
- 5 Ipswich Music Day 2022: All you need to know
- 6 Teenage moped driver arrested in Ipswich after failing drug test
- 7 Animal sex charges against Kesgrave vet dropped, but child images admitted
- 8 Food review, La Cueva, Ipswich: 'Delicious food... and sparkly cocktails!'
- 9 Mum's food saving mission rehomes 1,500 sausage rolls and cuts monthly bill
- 10 Jail for Ipswich man who stole £2,000 worth of goods from Suffolk stores
Anyone who witnessed the event, or who was in the area at the time and saw anything suspicious is asked to contact the force on 01473 613500.