Dog walker attacked and punched by gang wearing masks in Ipswich
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
A 20-year-old man was punched in the face and robbed while walking his dog in Ipswich, police believe.
The victim was walking in Spring Road between 11.44pm and 11.52pm on Monday when he was approached by four men on bikes.
He was verbally threatened before being punched in the face – and had cash taken from his wallet before the gang, who were wearing masks, cycled off.
Police are now appealing for witnesses to the robbery, which happened near the junction with Bartholomew Street.
Officers believe two of the suspects were riding Carrera bicycles, one dark in colour and the other white.
You may also want to watch:
The suspected ringleader is described as white, wearing a grey hooded top. He spoke with a local accent, police said.
All four of the men had their faces covered and the main offenders wore gloves – with one possibly carrying the Nike brand.
- 1 62-year-old arrested following incident in Ipswich town centre
- 2 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 3 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 4 'I'm very lucky' – Ipswich biker-chef lost arm and hand in A14 crash
- 5 The Walk in Ipswich town centre cordoned off by police
- 6 Ipswich Town fan banned from Portman Road for racially abusing player
- 7 'Devious' Ipswich doctor jailed for sending fake texts to flatmate
- 8 Inside a busy GP surgery: From daily abuse to the face-to-face debate
- 9 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 10 Trucker ran eBay scam selling straps used for securing heavy loads
One suspect is described as mixed race.
Those who saw what happened should call police on 101 quoting reference 37/43038/18.
Alternatively, pass on information anonymously on 0800 555 111 or via this link.