Dog walker attacked and punched by gang wearing masks in Ipswich
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
A 20-year-old man was punched in the face and robbed while walking his dog in Ipswich, police believe.
The victim was walking in Spring Road between 11.44pm and 11.52pm on Monday when he was approached by four men on bikes.
He was verbally threatened before being punched in the face – and had cash taken from his wallet before the gang, who were wearing masks, cycled off.
Police are now appealing for witnesses to the robbery, which happened near the junction with Bartholomew Street.
Officers believe two of the suspects were riding Carrera bicycles, one dark in colour and the other white.
The suspected ringleader is described as white, wearing a grey hooded top. He spoke with a local accent, police said.
All four of the men had their faces covered and the main offenders wore gloves – with one possibly carrying the Nike brand.
- 1 Cannabis dealer jailed after being caught with drugs in Range Rover
- 2 Suffolk M&S stores to stay open as Colchester shop closes down
- 3 Man who attacked partner after she travelled 10 hours to see him is jailed
- 4 Neighbours raised alarm after man not seen for several days
- 5 What time will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk this weekend?
- 6 Revealed: The top serious crash hotspots in Ipswich
- 7 Planning application for new Taco Bell in Ipswich expected 'imminently'
- 8 Teenage boys arrested after police seize suspected class A drugs in Ipswich
- 9 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 10 Mercedes and Vauxhall flip over after crash in busy Ipswich road
One suspect is described as mixed race.
Those who saw what happened should call police on 101 quoting reference 37/43038/18.
Alternatively, pass on information anonymously on 0800 555 111 or via this link.