What will the weather be like for Rod Stewart’s Ipswich gig?
- Credit: Archant
Sunshine is expected for Sir Rod Stewart’s Ipswich gig - but fans have been advised to be prepared in case of few showers.
The Forever Young 74-year-old is Sailing into Suffolk for the performance at Ipswich Town's Portman Road football ground on Friday, June 7.
Thousands of the rocker's most dedicated fans will be donning their Handbags and Gladrags to see the show.
Gates open from 5pm and music starts at 7pm, before Sir Rod says Farewell at about 10.30pm.
MORE: Everything you need to know about Sir Rod Stewart's Ipswich gigA Met Office forecast for the event shows sunshine is expected for when the concert gets underway, with temperatures of about 15C.
But it has also said there is a chance of showers in the evening, so it's worth remembering that An Old Raincoat Won't Ever Let You Down.
MORE: Interview with Sir Rod Stewart ahead of Ipswich concertThe rocker will be supported at the event by the Scottish band Johnny Mac and the Faithful, who have recently written a song with Sir Rod.
You may also want to watch:
Greater Anglia is also putting on extra rail services to help those catching a Downtrain Train to see the show.
MORE: Extra trains for Sir Rod Stewart's Portman Road performancePeople Get Ready - it'll be a great night!
- 1 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 2 Ipswich council faces financial black hole over empty BHS store
- 3 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 4 Norwich Road closed after crash near BMW garage
- 5 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 6 Semi-pro footballer ready to kickstart Football Fun Factory in Ipswich
- 7 Driver presses ahead with police complaint despite losing speeding trial
- 8 Felixstowe woman accused of setting fire to caravan and drink driving
- 9 Royal Mail confirms removal of Ipswich postbox
- 10 Suffolk man waits 12 hours for ambulance after suffering stroke