Ipswich DJs channelling Ibiza vibes for final livestream event
- Credit: Gareth Harper
A group of Ipswich DJs who have brought the nightclub dancefloor to homes across the country are "buzzing" for their final event this weekend.
Gareth Harper started the online Romeo Done live events last year, eventually bringing other local DJs Gavin Lamb and Neil Hawes into the mix via social media every weekend.
A 24-hour livestream organised by the group earlier this year raised more than £6,000 for charity – and they now plan to bow out in style with their first ever live in-person event at Isaacs on the Quay this Sunday.
Mr Harper said he is looking to bring "Ibiza" vibes to the socially-distanced event, as he looks to finally making a return to the job he loves.
He said: "It has been so much fun.
"It can be a bit weird DJ'ing on your own, but then you realise there are hundreds of people watching you and enjoying it. I'm really looking forward to Sunday, I can't wait.
"I'm so grateful for all the support we've received from both the viewers and Isaacs."
- 1 Teenager 'kicked and punched' by man during Ipswich assault
- 2 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist knocked unconscious in crash
- 3 Tragic loss of 'kind and gentle' Aayush at 17 devastated family
- 4 Five-bedroom home with 'beautiful countryside views' on market for £800K
- 5 Cyclist left with 'potentially life-changing injuries' after Ipswich crash
- 6 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 7 Hank's Deli closes its doors but remembers food bank
- 8 'I slept at the store' - Teen queues for 14 hours as Tim Hortons opens
- 9 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 10 Inquest into death of 32-year-old woman in Barham crash postponed