Football revellers filmed diving from lampposts and jumping on bus roof
- Credit: PA
Rowdy England fans have caused pandemonium by taking to the streets of Suffolk and north Essex to celebrate the team’s win against Sweden.
Footage has shown what appears to be football supporters climbing up lampposts in the centre of Colchester and diving into the arms of crowds of revellers below.
Head Street in the town looked to be blocked with people wearing red and white attire and singing “football’s coming home” after England’s quarter-final 2-0 victory tonight.
There have also been reports of a naked man running down Old Heath Road in Colchester painted head to toe as St George’s flag.
A similar video has appeared online from Ipswich town centre, near the Sailmakers bus station.
A young man was filmed jumping up and down on the roof of a bus waving his top in his hand while people around him on the ground cheer football songs.
A member of security of staff can be seen trying to take control of the situation.
- 1 Woman jailed for having sex with Ipswich schoolboy
- 2 Police launch appeal to identify man after incident in Ipswich
- 3 Group of youths seen carrying weapons in Ipswich park
- 4 Animal sex charges against Kesgrave vet dropped, but child images admitted
- 5 Ice cream kiosk at Suffolk beauty spot destroyed in arson
- 6 Food review, La Cueva, Ipswich: 'Delicious food... and sparkly cocktails!'
- 7 Education 'exemplary' at Outstanding Ipswich academy
- 8 Jail for Ipswich man who stole £2,000 worth of goods from Suffolk stores
- 9 First look at 172-bed student accommodation plan
- 10 Police stop two vans overloaded by more than a ton each in Ipswich
England will play Croatia in the semi-final of the World Cup on Wednesday night.