RSPCA slam ‘horrific’ attack as Ipswich pet cat is found with ears cut off
- Credit: Archant
Police and the RSPCA are urging residents to come forward after a cat was found near her home with both ears cut.
Grey and white rescue cat Lola, who is thought to be four or five years old, was found in Cavan Road on February 8 with one ear cut off and the other partially cut.
She was taken to the vet for treatment by the owner’s neighbour and is now recovering from her injuries at home.
The vet described the injury as being “clean cut” and now both police and the animal welfare charity are urging people to provide more information.
RSPCA inspector Jason Finch said: “This was a shocking attack on a beloved family pet. At the moment we have very little information as to who did this, so the police and I are urging anybody who may know something, to get in touch.
“It’s completely horrific to carry out such a nasty act of cruelty on this poor cat.”
Anyone with information should call the RSPCA on 0300 123 8018, or Suffolk police on 101 quoting crime reference 16751/17.
- 1 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 2 Ipswich man jailed for 25 years after teen left paralysed in shooting
- 3 Armed police arrest two 16-year-olds on suspicion of firearms offences
- 4 10,000 listeners tune in to new Suffolk radio station
- 5 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 6 Serious fire breaks out at home in Woodbridge
- 7 'Dire for hospitality in Ipswich' - grill owner hits out at hardship grants
- 8 'It's very frustrating': Anger as £150 stolen from charity shop in Felixstowe
- 9 'Depraved' Felixstowe man jailed for child sex offences
- 10 Weather warning in place for Suffolk as temperatures plunge below freezing