Rubbish threat baffler
NOTHING is safe today, it seems, as mystery surrounds the theft of rubbish from outside a pensioner's house.Cyril Page, of Bantoft Terrace, Ipswich, woke in astonishment when he found that thieves had been wasting their time stealing his recycling litter.
NOTHING is safe today, it seems, as mystery surrounds the theft of rubbish from outside a pensioner's house.
Cyril Page, of Bantoft Terrace, Ipswich, woke in astonishment when he found that thieves had been wasting their time stealing his recycling litter.
But having called the amused police and got a replacement wheelie bin, Mr Page was then bewildered when his postman casually said he had seen it in Nacton Road.
Mr Page said: "I know thieves are a bit dopey, but these ones must have been really off the rafters. I can't understand why they would take a full bin. If they wanted an empty one why didn't they take that?"
You may also want to watch:
"Why would anyone steal a bin? They are giving them away. That describes their state of mind."
He says he has also been littered with other petty crimes but says he will refuse to let the garbage of society win.
- 1 Woman threatened to expose lorry driver's sexual relationship
- 2 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 3 'Larger-than-life' Ipswich drama teacher Gloria Henshall dies
- 4 What happened to Luke Durbin? Mum's renewed appeal 15 years after teenager vanished in Ipswich
- 5 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 6 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 7 Community left heartbroken by loss of mum Jessica
- 8 Ipswich U18s fall to second-half Liverpool goals - how the FA Youth Cup semi-final unfolded....
- 9 More than £23k raised in memory of mum who died 2 days after giving birth
- 10 Suffolk man buys rare Mini built to mark Queen's Silver Jubilee for £10k
He added: "Whatever I leave loose in my garden disappears. They want to take my flowers as well."
A spokeswoman for Ipswich police said: "We can confirm that we have had a report of a theft of a blue recycling bin from outside a house in Bantoft Terrace which was left near Howe Avenue."
Have you had anything strange stolen? Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or send us an e-mail to email@example.com or visit the forum at www.eveningstar.co.uk