Rubbish threat baffler
NOTHING is safe today, it seems, as mystery surrounds the theft of rubbish from outside a pensioner's house.Cyril Page, of Bantoft Terrace, Ipswich, woke in astonishment when he found that thieves had been wasting their time stealing his recycling litter.
NOTHING is safe today, it seems, as mystery surrounds the theft of rubbish from outside a pensioner's house.
Cyril Page, of Bantoft Terrace, Ipswich, woke in astonishment when he found that thieves had been wasting their time stealing his recycling litter.
But having called the amused police and got a replacement wheelie bin, Mr Page was then bewildered when his postman casually said he had seen it in Nacton Road.
Mr Page said: "I know thieves are a bit dopey, but these ones must have been really off the rafters. I can't understand why they would take a full bin. If they wanted an empty one why didn't they take that?"
You may also want to watch:
"Why would anyone steal a bin? They are giving them away. That describes their state of mind."
He says he has also been littered with other petty crimes but says he will refuse to let the garbage of society win.
- 1 Man caught in Ipswich park paedophile sting jailed for more than two years
- 2 Should buses be kept out of Ipswich's Upper Brook Street?
- 3 Ipswich teenage boy arrested over stabbing
- 4 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 5 Ipswich lorry drivers raise a glass as haulage firm launches in-house watering hole
- 6 Couple avoid jail for campaign of harassment against neighbour
- 7 Five of the best places to cure your hangover in Ipswich
- 8 Farmland 'years away' from development, says builder
- 9 Woman accused of fraudulently giving £75k to son while bankrupt
- 10 Man taken to hospital after becoming stuck in mud in Ipswich riverbank
He added: "Whatever I leave loose in my garden disappears. They want to take my flowers as well."
A spokeswoman for Ipswich police said: "We can confirm that we have had a report of a theft of a blue recycling bin from outside a house in Bantoft Terrace which was left near Howe Avenue."
Have you had anything strange stolen? Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or send us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the forum at www.eveningstar.co.uk