Rudolph Run launches in Ipswich tonight – Find out where
Rudolph the Reindeer and Father Christmas are setting off on their first sleigh tour around the streets of Ipswich tonight.
The annual fundraising Rudolph Run, organised by the Ipswich Round Table, has raised thousands of pounds over the last 46 years – as well as bringing smiles to hundreds of children as Santa gives them a wave.
Santa will set off from The Kingfisher pub in Hawthorn Drive at 6.30pm this evening.
Tomorrow, the Rudolph Run sets off from The Brewery Tap pub in the Cliff Road Dock Estate at 6.30pm as part of its Gainsborough visit.
For a full list of all the Rudolph Runs, click here.
Organisers say the sleigh will be “slightly louder” this year due to a new music box. There will also be new music.
Rob Hart, chairman of the Ipswich Round Table, said: “A lot of people who remember it when they were kids now have six or seven-year-old kids themselves.
“The best bit isn’t the fact we raise money. It is when you see the little children in their pyjamas waving at Father Christmas from their doorway. It is when he shouts out their names and you see the look on their faces, it makes it all worthwhile.”
- 1 Fuel protests: Twelve miles of queues reported on A12
- 2 Man in 40s stabbed at town centre multi-storey car park
- 3 15 of the best photos from Ipswich Music Day 2022
- 4 Keys secured as 'Goliath' £1.2m needed to restore burned down church
- 5 Interactive map reveals the Suffolk neighbourhoods with highest Covid rates
- 6 Jailed in June: The Suffolk criminals locked up last month
- 7 Road closed and person trapped in car after crash
- 8 Man order to sign sex offenders' registers for possessing indecent images
- 9 Travellers pitch up at park in Ipswich
- 10 Macauley Bonne: Town is not a closed book... I've got unfinished business
Rudolph has also had a face-lift with new lights and a few repairs.
Mr Hart said: “We’re really looking forward to it and have got a group of volunteers ready to take part.
“We are hoping to raise our highest total this year. Last year we raised around £20,000.”
To find out when Father Christmas and his friends will be visiting your area, visit www.ipswichroundtable.co.uk/rudolph-2016 or follow
@IpsRoundTable on Twitter.