Rush hour chaos on main road
CHAOS hit rush hour traffic on the A12 today after a series of accidents.At approximately 6.40am a Suzuki car, which was heading towards Ipswich, left the road and ended up perched at the top of the embankment having crashed through a fence.
CHAOS hit rush hour traffic on the A12 today after a series of accidents.
At about 6.40am a Suzuki car, which was heading towards Ipswich, left the road and ended up perched at the top of the embankment having crashed through a fence.
The incident happened on the northbound carriageway of the A12 between the Capel St Mary and Copdock junction.
Another vehicle on the same stretch of road was at the bottom of the embankment on the hard shoulder.
You may also want to watch:
In the opposite direction, a maroon Rover convertible travelling on the southbound carriageway of the A12 towards Colchester, spun out of control and ended up facing in the wrong direction.
People trying to get to work were caught up in the tailbacks for more than two hours while police tried to clear the scene.
- 1 Ipswich tech firm warns of spyware scare on Apple devices
- 2 Felixstowe man caught with thousands of indecent images of children
- 3 Waterfront restaurant with 145 wines crowned best in Ipswich
- 4 First look at full schedule for Sound City Ipswich music festival
- 5 Matchday Recap: Town close out game to secure big win
- 6 Former charity worker denies fraud and will face trial
- 7 Lloyds Bank branch closes temporarily as staff self-isolate due to Covid
- 8 CCTV images issued following theft from car in Ipswich
- 9 Police make third arrest following Nacton stabbing
- 10 Lack of drivers having 'massive impact' on Suffolk businesses
A police spokeswoman said: "It is not known how the accidents happened but we can confirm that nobody was injured."