Rush hour chaos on main road
CHAOS hit rush hour traffic on the A12 today after a series of accidents.At approximately 6.40am a Suzuki car, which was heading towards Ipswich, left the road and ended up perched at the top of the embankment having crashed through a fence.
CHAOS hit rush hour traffic on the A12 today after a series of accidents.
At about 6.40am a Suzuki car, which was heading towards Ipswich, left the road and ended up perched at the top of the embankment having crashed through a fence.
The incident happened on the northbound carriageway of the A12 between the Capel St Mary and Copdock junction.
Another vehicle on the same stretch of road was at the bottom of the embankment on the hard shoulder.
You may also want to watch:
In the opposite direction, a maroon Rover convertible travelling on the southbound carriageway of the A12 towards Colchester, spun out of control and ended up facing in the wrong direction.
People trying to get to work were caught up in the tailbacks for more than two hours while police tried to clear the scene.
- 1 Police confirm body found in River Orwell was of a 17-year-old boy
- 2 Body found in the River Orwell
- 3 Wrong way A12 driver flees scene after causing crash
- 4 Felixstowe beach hut sells for record price of £65k within hours
- 5 Ipswich landlord fined £4K for leaving mountain of rubbish outside property
- 6 Police investigate illegal Kesgrave bike jumps
- 7 Man, 71, downloaded child porn after accident affected his sex life
- 8 Police deal with spate of incidents in Ipswich
- 9 Dog to be put down after biting three people in Ipswich
- 10 Ipswich woman drove at 78mph during police chase around town
A police spokeswoman said: "It is not known how the accidents happened but we can confirm that nobody was injured."