Broken down lorry and metal debris cause rush hour traffic delays at Copdock
- Credit: Andrew Partridge
Three separate road incidents are causing heavy traffic to build on the A14 and A12 at Copdock this morning.
Police were initially called at around 7.20am today, Tuesday, May 14, to reports of metal debris on the A12 towards Copdock.
Once this was clear, police received reports of a broken down lorry partially blocking a slip road at the Copdock roundabout, on the A14 eastbound towards Felixstowe.
Soon after, officers received further reports of a lorry parked in a layby on the A12 northbound which was partially blocking one of the lanes.
A spokesman for Suffolk police said officers were attending the scene.
You may also want to watch:
The incidents have caused heavy traffic in area, all the way to Capel St Mary on the A12 northbound as well as delays on the A14.
Stay with us for updates.
- 1 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 2 Curve Bar nights out and special events - are you in these photos?
- 3 Police concerned for missing man from Kesgrave
- 4 ‘Totally unacceptable’ - Cladding fears for Waterfront blocks near Aurora
- 5 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 6 Lorry 'not seen' by crane operator in container crush, port say
- 7 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 8 Kesgrave shooting trial enters final stages
- 9 'Hammer seen' in robbery by group of males at Felixstowe Skatepark
- 10 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today