Rush hour traffic on A14 delayed by bag
MOTORISTS on the A14 are queuing in traffic jams this morning and the cause of the hold-ups is reportedly a bag in the road.
MOTORISTS on the A14 were stuck in traffic jams this morning - because of a a bag in the road.
Rush hour traffic on the eastbound carriageway backed up after an item was reported to be in the middle of the road near to the Copdock interchange.
The incident was reported to Suffolk police at about 8.20am.
A Suffolk police spokeswoman said the item was believed to measure five feet by two feet and is thought to be a large bag.
You may also want to watch:
The road is now clear and traffic is flowing freely.
- 1 The Walk in Ipswich town centre cordoned off by police
- 2 62-year-old arrested following incident in Ipswich town centre
- 3 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 4 'I'm very lucky' – Ipswich biker-chef lost arm and hand in A14 crash
- 5 'Devious' Ipswich doctor jailed for sending fake texts to flatmate
- 6 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 7 Ipswich Town fan banned from Portman Road for racially abusing player
- 8 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 9 250 Ipswich patients fined after failing to pay for their prescriptions
- 10 'We don't want them here' - Work continues to make Maple Park safer