Safe containing cash and expensive goods stolen during Kesgrave burglary found in Essex river
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Police investigating a burglary in Kesgrave discovered a safe taken from the property in a river.
Suspects broke into an address in Quebec Drive between 1pm and 4.30pm on July 18.
A safe - containing expensive goods and cash - was taken from inside.
Detectives launched an investigation and recovered the safe from a river yesterday.
It was pulled from a river in Marks Tey and some of the items inside have been retrieved.
Now police want to hear from anyone who may have seen suspicious activity in the Quebec Drive area on July 18.
They would also like members of the public who were in the Roman River area of Marks Tey, close to the bridge on North Lane, to get in touch with information.
- 1 Omid Djalili cracks Ipswich joke at Queen's Platinum Jubilee show
- 2 Man found unconscious in Ipswich alleyway following serious assault
- 3 Ford Transit van destroyed in suspected arson attack
- 4 Striking new seafront café opens its doors to customers after two-year wait
- 5 Charity match held in memory of Tavis Spencer-Aitkens
- 6 OPINION: Back to business - these are the council's plans for Ipswich
- 7 Cricket club praises ambulance service after player collapses in the field
- 8 Brother of Ipswich murder victim to roll out bleed control kits across town
- 9 Travellers move on from Chantry Park in Ipswich
- 10 St Clement's Church ready for new life as an arts centre
• Call Ipswich CID on 101 quoting crime reference number 37/49315/17 to help.
Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or fill in their online form.