Safe containing cash and expensive goods stolen during Kesgrave burglary found in Essex river
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Police investigating a burglary in Kesgrave discovered a safe taken from the property in a river.
Suspects broke into an address in Quebec Drive between 1pm and 4.30pm on July 18.
A safe - containing expensive goods and cash - was taken from inside.
Detectives launched an investigation and recovered the safe from a river yesterday.
It was pulled from a river in Marks Tey and some of the items inside have been retrieved.
You may also want to watch:
Now police want to hear from anyone who may have seen suspicious activity in the Quebec Drive area on July 18.
They would also like members of the public who were in the Roman River area of Marks Tey, close to the bridge on North Lane, to get in touch with information.
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 3 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 4 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 5 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 6 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 7 First look inside Ipswich's new Geek Retreat games cafe
- 8 Man caused £26k worth of damage after setting fire to van and car
- 9 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 10 'It's like we're in the stone age' - Homophobic abuse halts LGBT+ parties
• Call Ipswich CID on 101 quoting crime reference number 37/49315/17 to help.
Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or fill in their online form.