‘Pancake party’ set to be batter than ever
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
It might be the time when you have to give up something you really like - but, on the flip side, the pancakes are amazing.
And if this church’s mouthwateringly titled “pancake party” doesn’t butter you up, surely nothing will.
The Salvation Army is holding the fun-sounding event at its Bramford Road church from 5.30pm on Saturday, March 2.
Far from being flat, the event will start with plenty of pancake-themed craft activities for people to enjoy before some party games - and, of course, plenty of pancakes.
Lieutenant Jonathan Heward, corps officer at the Bramford Road Salvation Army, said Shrove Tuesday was traditionally a time when Christians looked to use up ingredients they couldn’t use while fasting for lent.
You may also want to watch:
However today he said: “We’re looking at it as a celebratory time.
“It is a time for people to come together and have a bit of fun.”
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 3 How Ipswich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 4 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 5 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 6 Trial set for man who robbed mum of her handbag
- 7 Holly holding onto new hope in eating disorder recovery process
- 8 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 9 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 10 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
He also said it was a good opportunity for the church to further build links within the wider community.
“There can be a separate between different groups in this part of town,” he said.
“For various reasons in the past, we’ve lost touch with the community around us.
“We’re trying to find ways we can reconnect and rebuilding that community spirit that has perhaps been missing in recent years - and have fun while we’re doing it as well.”